New Mexico camping/hiking for a pudgy 40 yr old & 11 yr old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
    I did the same thing with my son. Stewart Lake from Cowles NM. Start at Windsor Ridge TH. You won't be disappointed.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Agreed. They caught a lot of snow this winter so that could add some challenges to the hike.

Comment

I did the same thing with my son. Stewart Lake from Cowles NM. Start at Windsor Ridge TH. You won't be disappointed.

You have my attention! That is an hour closer than RR. I’ll have to do some research.

Comment

Just PM me for details if you want..We drove up and stayed the night in Las Vegas (NM) then drove to Cowles early next morning. Stewart Lake is loaded with trout. You can also take a day hike from Stewart over to Lake Katherine while there and maybe try to bag Santa Fe Baldy but that's a challenging all day affair. Going to Katherine isn't bad but the peak is a challenge.

Comment

Just PM me for details if you want..We drove up and stayed the night in Las Vegas (NM) then drove to Cowles early next morning. Stewart Lake is loaded with trout. You can also take a day hike from Stewart over to Lake Katherine while there and maybe try to bag Santa Fe Baldy but that's a challenging all day affair. Going to Katherine isn't bad but the peak is a challenge.

Man I’m really liking what I’m finding on Cowles Campground. This looks really nice, probably not terribly crowded either

Comment

The Pecos is a beautiful place to camp and explore. I was fortunate enough to have to do some work up where the cowles hits the pecos years ago. I always loved working up there. I kept an ultralight spinning rig in my work truck for lunch breaks.

Should be a fun trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X