Well Shuck Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lawhunter View Post
    Why argue with one of the more successful reaturaunt owners on the green screen?
    Look at the join date, he/she is a nubbin, probably just doesn't know

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
      Oscar I appreciate that, I have no idea how I got into the restaurant business, I am a concrete guy, I always wanted to own one because I liked to cook, I had a piece of property that i thought would be a good place for a seafood joint, Shuck Me was born, thanks to all the folks that have tried us out, really appreciate you.
      Lmaooooo..[emoji1787]...same here, never even worked in a restaurant!!! Always worked in corporate roles (23 yrs) but just wanted something authentic to deep SE Louisiana......apparently others did also. We are 18 years into (8 full time for me) this and folks keep coming. Maybe that's the secret......being completely oblivious to what it really takes!![emoji5] My wife says "blindly blessed"....which sounds much better!!![emoji120]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
        Lmaooooo..[emoji1787]...same here, never even worked in a restaurant!!! Always worked in corporate roles (23 yrs) but just wanted something authentic to deep SE Louisiana......apparently others did also. We are 18 years into (8 full time for me) this and folks keep coming. Maybe that's the secret......being completely oblivious to what it really takes!![emoji5] My wife says "blindly blessed"....which sounds much better!!![emoji120]

I don't ever go to Houston but you should bring some wing's and boudin balls to E Tx when you come to run the poachers out your E Tx pine tree patch!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lawhunter View Post
          Why argue with one of the more successful reaturaunt owners on the green screen?
          Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
          What is it then?

Pretty sure one thing Oscar knows is the restaurant business

I do think Oscar was referring to startup restaurants, not established chain ones
          No harm, no foul! My comment is based on what a very large bank said to me 15 or so years ago about non-franchise concepts. "Incredibly high failure is why we don't lend to restaurants." The wife and I used cash for our start up, thus we did not listen to naysayers or need a banker.
          Ironically, I have seen varying published numbers over the years, some based on 1 year closures others on 3 - 5 year closures. The golden rule appears to be based on 5 years of continuous profitable operation. I was able to observe alot while serving on the board of directors of the Houston Restaurant Association for 3 years, my wife now holds my seat. We have seen a train load of competitors come and go in our segment & market which tends to reinforce super high failure rates. Either way the more competition means we have to up our game......which is good!
          "Shuck Me" is winning and that is the bottom line for any business owner and it does my heart good to see it.

Comment

When you bringing one of those places to Baton Rouge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
              When you bringing one of those places to Baton Rouge?

I honestly wish I could answer that multi million dollar question!!![emoji848] It would be nice to expand along the Gulf Coast[emoji1270]

Comment

What restaurant to you own? Maybe I've eaten there. If not, I'll have to stop by.

Comment

Well thanks guys, appreciate the business. I have not been there in a couple of months, heading up next week to go over the menu, we are eliminating a couple things and adding a few things, we are adding chicken wings, sliders, and a blooming onion to the menu, dropping whole fried catfish and trout, adding Mahi Mahi and possibly walleye.
                  Is this in Southlake also?

PS I like shrimp-n-grits. Just sayin...

Comment

Originally posted by 125Dad View Post
                    Is this in Southlake also?

PS I like shrimp-n-grits. Just sayin...
                    Yes it is - great place!

Comment

We made a trip up there this weekend. It was just as good as the one in Southlake. I had the etouffe. Good stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Richard M. View Post
                        We made a trip up there this weekend. It was just as good as the one in Southlake. I had the etouffe. Good stuff
                        We just started offering etouffee in Broken Bow, Southlake does not offer it right now. We have been having mixed reviews with our gumbo in Broken Bow, it sells like hot cakes in Southlake, we may decide to keep it but may serve it a little differently. Thanks guys for all the business.

Comment

Well Shuck Me

Awesome, are you about to build ? Where about is it, we take the buggie down to the VFW for food and beers once in awhile, my son goes for breakfast often. I have not been up ther much at all since last fall, that is about to change with the weather.

Just going to build a metal building for now.
                          Something to keep the boat in and plug the trailer into.
                          We border the entrance to Texins on Ward Lane
                          We were thinking about looking at the place for you that is for sale.
                          Right before you get to Coffee

We will have to meet at VFW for beer and food this spring or summer

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
                            Just going to build a metal building for now.
                            Something to keep the boat in and plug the trailer into.
                            We border the entrance to Texins on Ward Lane
                            We were thinking about looking at the place for you that is for sale.
                            Right before you get to Coffee

We will have to meet at VFW for beer and food this spring or summer

Good for you, I like that little place before you turn onto coffee, there is a lot down on the corner right before my place, not sure if it is for sale, there is another one next door that maybe could be bought. We are having a big fish fry with band and fireworks show in my backyard July the 4 th, if you heard about it you are invited

Comment

Ate there today. Good stuff!

Comment

Shuck Me is my favorite restaurant. Nothing in the tastes like portland cement! Keep up the good work Roger!

Comment

Working...
                                X