Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bipod, Tripod, Sticks for Pronghorn Hunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
    I hear you Radar. I find I use my trigger sticks more often than my bipods. They are much more flexible and it is just my height when sitting down but the bipods I own are either too short when sitting or too tall when sitting. The trigger sticks solve that problem.

I do have short bipods I use when at the range on a bench working up loads but that is about it.
    I extend the legs on my trigger sticks when shooting prone, you can get much closer to the ground.

Comment

I made my own out of 1/2 dowel rods for my trip to Colorado, they can go from standing to sitting height. I figured if I got tired of them or lost them I was only out 10 bucks. They are designed after the African shooting stick and work really good.

Comment

I hunted outside of Cody and all I got is to be careful if you drop on the ground there were alot of small cactuses on the ground, found them first time I sat down. About the size of a. .50 cent piece.

Comment

Not quite in line with your original question, but I wouldn't go again without a decoy that you could hide behind while closing the distance.

Comment

Do not use a decoy during rifle season unless you are 100% sure no one else is hunting private land with you.
            No way on public land unless archery hunting during the archery only season.

You need good leather gloves, I wear tactical ones with double layer palms, and knee pads. The knee pads will help with rocks and things while crawling, they will not keep cactus out of your knee unless you get a hard plastic caps. Cheap knee pads help a lot.
            The cactus is low growing and long thorned, it is hard to spot sometimes.

A good day pack would work well as stated above, use for prone or stand it up for a sitting shot.

Comment

Working...
            X