Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
    Jackson is the only pretty place to live in the state. Almost everywhere else big enough to have a grocery store is in the desert or great plains. Talk about expensive..... Some of the highest real estate I have ever seen.

I too would love to have a WY residency, but where can you live?

BTW if you had to deal with the non res in wilderness rule, do you know what the punishment for violating it is? Asking for a friend.
    I'll ask for ya, good friends with our local GW.
    I'm betting you might lose any animal you have taken and perhaps a nice fine. Lost hunting privileges in all Wildlife Violator Compact states could be a bummer too.
    As a resident, and most of us agree, the law is crap. Thank the WYOGA for that.

Comment

I'm going this year and filming for a champion Elk caller. He's gonna show me the ropes on giving one a dirt nap, then me and some buds will get it done. First time for me and got my calls, practice in the truck all the time. I'm excited and getting gear ready.

Comment

A few buddies have let me know that they might have the back door method for New Mexico figured out.

Login to your New Mexico account, go to my purchases, go down to your hunt code you applied for and hit review. If there is a carcass tag status they are saying you drew the tag.

If that’s the truth, my gf drew deer and antelope. And I struck out on deer and antelope. Not sure if the method is right or not, but seems like it could be true

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
          A few buddies have let me know that they might have the back door method for New Mexico figured out.

Login to your New Mexico account, go to my purchases, go down to your hunt code you applied for and hit review. If there is a carcass tag status they are saying you drew the tag.

If that’s the truth, my gf drew deer and antelope. And I struck out on deer and antelope. Not sure if the method is right or not, but seems like it could be true
          I hope this method doesn’t work.

Comment

My buddy has officially bailed that I usually put in for tags with. Now I’m lost on where to put in for and I have till tomorrow morning to do the Colorado draw with a decision made. Which sucks cause I’m not really wanting to go by myself. Was pumped now not so much. Anyone got any input before 8 am tomorrow morning I’m game!

Comment

I sure hope you are right because i drew elk and deer if that’s the case. Both say carcass tag after I hit review. Aoudad does not say carcas tag. Fingers crossed

Comment

I hope so as well but not looking good.
                Last edited by makotex; 04-01-2019, 08:28 PM. Reason: revise

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowslinger1 View Post
                  My buddy has officially bailed that I usually put in for tags with. Now I’m lost on where to put in for and I have till tomorrow morning to do the Colorado draw with a decision made. Which sucks cause I’m not really wanting to go by myself. Was pumped now not so much. Anyone got any input before 8 am tomorrow morning I’m game!
                  Go by yourself.. Buddy can't shoot the elk for you anyway

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                    Go by yourself.. Buddy can't shoot the elk for you anyway
                    Ha! If it wasn’t a 17 hour drive I probably would!

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowslinger1 View Post
                      Ha! If it wasn’t a 17 hour drive I probably would!

The drive is the easiest part of a hunting trip

Comment

The drive is the easiest part of a hunting trip
                        Thats what I was thinking lol

Comment

Did you and your gf not put in together?

If it works I did not draw, which seems likely.

Comment

Looks like so many people got wind of this and started calling the NM Office that they have now added “DOES NOT REFLECT DRAW RESULTS” on the Carcass Tag section

Comment

I sure hope it in fact does reflect draw results. Elk.

Comment

Well...who drew tags?

I got archery deer and elk here in unit 34.

PLUS.....my first choice for bighorn sheep!

Comment

Working...
                                X