Warning for all you new camper owners!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warning for all you new camper owners!

It’s calling for wind chills in the teens this week. So don’t forget... or make a trip to drain water heater, low point hoses, disconnect water and drain that hose too. Every year a panic starts with first hard freeze. It’s coming early this year

Just a heads up

Thanks for the heads up. I drained mine before I left the lease yesterday.

Comment

Thanks for the reminder

Comment

I drain mine each time, and something you forgot- pour some RV antifreeze in the traps.

Comment

What if youre going to be in your rv during the freeze? I was going to put some insulated skirting around the trailer and stick a small heater under there to keep anything from freezing. I was thinking of filling the water tank instead of being hooked to the faucet so I don't have to insulate the hose.

Comment

Originally posted by mmlreiner View Post
            What if youre going to be in your rv during the freeze? I was going to put some insulated skirting around the trailer and stick a small heater under there to keep anything from freezing. I was thinking of filling the water tank instead of being hooked to the faucet so I don't have to insulate the hose.

Depending on location of camper, you should be fine...providing you have a heater inside and open your under cabinet doors.

Comment

Be sure your bottles are full, they drink the gas on extreme cold snaps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

let faucets drip. then u wont freeze up

Comment

I'm in Kansas and I didn't winterize mine. [emoji44]

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
                    I'm in Kansas and I didn't winterize mine. [emoji44]

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
                    I don't do mine either.
                    I'm 4.5 yes away

In did put RV antifreeze in the water tank last year and let the faucets run. I filled the water tank last month....

Hopefully there's enough in it the keep from freezing

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for you and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

I do this. Mine has a belly heater duct that heats the belly area when the heater is on.

Comment

Once I winterize, I leave it that way until spring. I keep a bucket of water with a small pitcher in the shower to flush the toilet. I heat up water with a bucket heater for bathing and washing dishes. I bathe in the shower by just pouring the heated water over myself from the pitcher. Get wet, lather all over, rinse, done. The system works fine for me and I prefer it to having to winterize over and over just for the small convenience of water on tap.

Comment

As far as draining the water lines, I've heard you need to blow out the water lines (faucets, shower, toilet, etc.) with pressurized air (under 30 psi). I've also heard you can simply open water faucet and let it gravity drain through low point drain. Which do yall do?

Comment

Open low point drain valves open all faucets, flush crapper for a min, drain water heater, antifreeze in traps.

Comment

Originally posted by LlanoHunter10 View Post
                              As far as draining the water lines, I've heard you need to blow out the water lines (faucets, shower, toilet, etc.) with pressurized air (under 30 psi). I've also heard you can simply open water faucet and let it gravity drain through low point drain. Which do yall do?
                              I used the little air connection to hose bib apparatus and blew all the water out of mine when I had one. It worked.

If you have it underskirted you can use a heat lamp under the trailer. I lived through a very cold winter in ND with many, many nights below zero with nothing ever freezing in the trailer. I had heat tapes on the copper tubing from the trailer to 6’ under the ground. Ground froze 5’ deep and no problems except when one heat tape went out. Had to replace that sucker in below zero temps in a 15 mph N wind......fun !

Comment

Working...
                              X