Form 1 Suppressor completed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Form 1 Suppressor completed!

Just finished my Form 1 can. Turned it on my lathe out of Chrome moly tubing and solid bar. (About $25.) Used a stamp set to put ID info, and did a cold blue. About as simple as possible. Before bluing, I did make one close range test shot against my target berm, and it is .22 long rifle level in my .223 Savage Hog Hunter. Should be even quieter on 2nd shot. Now I need to sight it in and then thread my Savage 17HMR! Only thing I have to do a video is cell phone, so I will have to do that when I have someone shooting with me.
    Attached Files

That's awesome!

Comment

Too cool!!! Wish i had the know-how and tools to do something like that!!!

Comment

O man that's awesome!

Comment

niiiice

Comment

Any mouse holes, or just cones?

Comment

^

Comment

Originally posted by lglidewell View Post
                Too cool!!! Wish i had the know-how and tools to do something like that!!!
                There is a thread on ar15.com in the suppressor section that describes how to make a form 1 suppressor with minimal tools.

My next one I'll turn the baffles on a lathe but I have 2 with modified freeze plugs for baffles and both are very effective.

Comment

This would have been awesome to see the milling process from start to finish

Comment

Made it with plain cones. You would not want to see me in a build along. I use a lathe kind of like the wood carver who was asked how he made his figures, he said "I cut away everything that does not look like what I am carving." I am learning as I go so I break bits, ruin pieces, mess up threads, etc. I did thread my 17HMR yesterday instead of sighting in the .223, so I will now get to sight both of them in with the suppressor today.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Bullydog View Post
                        This would have been awesome to see the milling process from start to finish
                        In the link below there is a really good step by step tutorial on making K baffles.

Comment

Put about 20 rounds of .223 and about the same of 17HMR through the suppressor . No need for hearing protection and groups about an inch in my Savage Hog Hunter which is about what I normally get with the gun. Recoil is less than it was with a muzzle brake. With my Savage 17HMR I shortened the barrel to about 18 inches when I threaded it and groups went from 1 1/4 inches before threading to 1 inch with the suppressor.

Comment

Searching threads and found this. I am thinking about making one. I am a machinist and run a small shop on the side at my house and it looks pretty simple to make. Do you have any updates on how well its working? The worst part will be the atf wait....

Comment

I am shooting my .223 Savage Hog Hunter and AR15 without hearing protection. Maybe just a touch louder than .22 LR. You will do a nicer job on yours since you actually know how to use a lathe. I also threaded my Savage 17HMR. All three guns shoot more accurately with the suppressor. I didn't use a trust and got approval in about 4 months.

Comment

Working...
                              X