Pro's and Con's Lamco UTV road feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pro's and Con's Lamco UTV road feeder

What are the reasons for buying or not buying a Lamco UTV feeder. I have a Ranger. Is it too low? Better to put one in the front? Another brand?

I had a Lamco tailgate feeder, they're built in my home town, but it didn't last. Bought a 100# All Seasons tailgate feeder, got a riser for the rear hitch and have had zero issues with it. It's a much better built feeder.

I like my feeder on the back of the Ranger, don't like driving over the corn I'm putting out and I like my rack mounted in front to put deer and pigs on.

Comment

I have one on the back of my Ranger. I like everything about it EXCEPT the 'cup' spinner design. Bouncing around the roads, you will lose some corn. And, you can't leave corn in it or the coons will spin it until it's all gone.

Chris

Comment

Wow. Ok. Good points!

Comment

I have a 100# one. I bought the one with long arm so it would work with my mule tailgate. Was too low and sagged back at an angle. (Not really the feeders fault but didn’t like it) I cut the arm down to make it shorter.

Welded a receiver hitch on the front grill guard of my truck and mule. Now thats where all the tailgate feeders go.
          Wish I had moved the receivers to the front long ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the 50lb one and really like it so far. I like most everything All Seasons makes but I had the 100lb Hercules road feeder and it was too heavy IMO. Well built but hard to deal with. Sold it and bought the Lamco. I like the cup. Keeps most of the corn on the road instead of in the bushes. Lightweight and much easier to deal with. I have the straight shaft model and have it on the front of my Mule Pro. It could also go on the back and still lower my tailgate. Low profile.
            Last edited by dc1986; 11-15-2019, 01:06 AM.

Comment

All I can tell you is don't get a foreverlast, the name is very deceiving.

Comment

All I can tell you is don't get a foreverlast, the name is very deceiving.
                I see what you did there.

Comment

Check out the road feeder from Texas Hunter Products. We make them in a 50LB or 100LB version. Ours are operated with a wireless remote and you have two power options (pre-wired to plug into your vehicle trailer lights or with a 12 volt rechargeable battery.) The battery option is great to be able to move it from Ranger to Truck without messing with any wires. The specially designed corn shield will keep the corn in the road and not spread out all over the place.

* Wireless Remote Control
                  * Two Power Options:
                  - Pre-wired to plug into vehicle trailer light connector
                  - Optional 12 volt rechargeable battery
                  * Heavy-duty 2” receiver hitch bracket
                  * High torque 12 volt motor
                  * Built-In lid-stops protect vehicle
                  * Heavy-duty feed trail deflector plate
                  * All weather hinged lid and latch
                  * Built-in sight glass for easy feed level reference
                  * Rugged steel brush guard protects scatter plate
                  * Heavy gauge galvanized steel
                  * Powder-coated Texas Hunter green finish
                  * Enclosed compartment for optional battery
                  * Hitch Pin Included
                  * Handles on both sides for easy maneuvering

Link to Road Feeder

Comment

Heath,
                    Looks good! It seems I would have to buy the additional extension kit.

Might consider having a hitch in the front.

Comment

Originally posted by SoTxHunter View Post
                      Heath,
                      Looks good! It seems I would have to buy the additional extension kit.

Might consider having a hitch in the front.
                      The battery allows you to hitch to the front without having to run wires all over the place.

If you wanted to put on the back, yes we have the extension bar for UTV's to go along with them.

Comment

Man I wish I had one of those Heath instead of the one I got from Texas Wildlife Supply. The only think they have is the bar on the bottom to set it on and to protect it.

Comment

Working...
                        X