Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever wonder where deer disappear to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
    It's the way mother nature intended. They go a couple of miles away to someone else's area and they shoot them. And in return you get there crappy deer to look at.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Lmao

Comment

I had a target buck for three years on one of our leases. He would be on the camera from mid January until the weekend before bow season started. He'd disappear and always show back up around January 15th. Had to tip my hat to that old booger.

Comment

Deer's home range can be WAY bigger than most think. Research has shown that they can cover a lot of miles or just a few hundred acres in their home range.

Comment

Originally posted by Apodz View Post
          I bet we wold be surprised of how many of these bucks that “disappear” are probable at times within 50-100 yards of us and we never know.
          x2 I believe that as well. Scent checking the feeders with very little intention of ever coming in/showing himself.

Comment

They have been on the acorns and now the pecans are starting to fall. They will be gone for a couple of more weeks................

Comment

As the rut gets close they travel and during the rut some travel a very long way. Radio collared mature bucks have been known to travel as far as 10 miles in one direction. And many of those traveled at least a few miles..

Comment

When we hunted out in Crockett county, we had 11 stands on 7000 acres. The bucks would roam all over that place. I remember three consecutive days I saw the same buck in three different stands. All the stands were 1-2 miles apart, and he was close to 4 miles from the first day I saw him.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                  They have been on the acorns and now the pecans are starting to fall. They will be gone for a couple of more weeks................

No acorns or pecans on our lease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yall are going to have ol' JSHOUSE having nightmares again with this topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
                      When we hunted out in Crockett county, we had 11 stands on 7000 acres. The bucks would roam all over that place. I remember three consecutive days I saw the same buck in three different stands. All the stands were 1-2 miles apart, and he was close to 4 miles from the first day I saw him.

My wife shot a deer high with the crossbow last season that my dad saw a few days later 1 mile away and my FIL ended up killing him 4 miles from where he was originally shot.

Comment

The good news is that sometimes bucks that disappear from someone else's place suddenly show up at yours. That's what makes it fun.

Comment

The buck in my avatar was absolutely as spooky as all get out. I'd see him from a few hundred yards off and he was literally on my camera at my feeder 3 times a day all summer, and he'd always disappear right around bow season.

I had him coming in ONCE from the exact opposite spot I thought he'd be coming from and accordingly, the wind got me and once he got about 75 yards from me, he bolted and stayed gone the entire rest of the season. The following year some dude on a tractor shot him at like 20 yards with an open-sighted 30-30 with his nose up a doe's you-know-what. Went from spookiest deer in the woods to totally brain dead. Tractor was running, didn't bother him a bit.

That's deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
                            Yep..

A lot of hunters don't realize how far bucks, on the prowl, will travel..
                            When I hunted out west of Robert Lee in Coke county years ago I would climb up on top of the highest mesa we had.. From that vantage point I could see for miles in every direction.. During the rut, from this vantage point, I would routinely see bucks travel in every direction for literally miles and it didn't take them long either.. They can cover some ground at a fast walk or slow trot!!!! I would spot them as far away as I could see with my 12x bino's to the south and watch them walk as far as I could see to the west.. It was the same scenario in every direction. I always knew that they traveled long distances but that was a real eye opener.. Very few bucks did we ever see twice once the rut kicked in..

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                                Where do they go?

Need the recipe bruh! What's all that crumbly goodness on top?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X