Do tell!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
          Bbd!
          Awesome!!

Comment

Bbd!
            HAHA!! WHOOP!! Get'um Jeff!!! Don't leave us hanging too long, lol!

Comment

Bbd!

Nice, can’t wait to see pics. Congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I KNEW IT!! I KNEW IT!!

In for LDP's!!!

Comment

Bbd!
                  No better letters typed........

Somewhat patiently waiting.......

Rwc

Comment

Heck yeah! Ldps Ldps!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Following

Comment

Nice.

Comment

Bbd!
                          (Big Butt Down)? You taking a nap.

Comment

Awesome can't wait for the story and pics. Unless it's big butts down I don't t want to see pics of your butt!!

Comment

Bbd!
                              Hope this isn't related to the pictionary game from We're the Millers

Comment

6th Annual Ashley Memorial Hunt - Live

Good gosh what a ride. We are dang lucky to have this deer in our hands. First of all, I made a terrible shot. Nicked only liver. Went in gut and you can see exit hole.

So we trailed this deer on foot for about 100 yards and decided dogs were needed. Only question was should we wait. We did but not long enough. The two dogs were on him immediately and within minutes we knew he wasn’t gonna give up easily. He was running hard. We watched gps and went to cut them off and try to get a rifle shot. We were a hair too late as he crossed the road ahead with both dogs on his rear. No shot. Watched gps some more and waited for another crossing opportunity. We drive the truck around and got in position. He hit the road quick and this time, there’s a dog and a coyote on his tail. WTH? Again, no shot.

Finally, the deer stopped and so did the dogs. We drove to a point in which we could enter the brush at the closest point. We are running to get there but the dogs aren’t barking. They’re just stopped, according to GPS. About 50 yards into the brush we stop and hear brush crashing. My guide yells at me to “get down”. The deer is behind me and he’s trying to shoot it. I hit the ground and he fires twice. He hit the deer both times but he’s not stopping. He just disappeared into the brush.

Now, we know where the deer went but not the dog(we had picked up one dog that was slow to trail). Worst case scenario thoughts come to mind (deer killed him, coyote got him?, he got hooked? Etc...). He was just not moving according to gps. Finally, he just walked up looking like he’d seen a ghost. He wanted nothing to do with trailing this deer any more.

We waited a bit and (dog was just tired)took up a now much heavier blood trail. We traveled at least 200 more yards when a deer jumped ahead but no shot. Luckily, no shot because it was just a bedded down buck. 50 more yards and we found this tough son of a gun dead as a hammer. Man, what a ride. My guide is one tough dude, and his dogs are bad to the bone. I cannot thank him enough.

Last edited by Fishndude; 10-29-2019, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X