Bald Eagle Kill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bald Eagle Kill

I've seen several Bald Eagles in my life. Lake Conroe, Sam Rayburn, Snake River, Swamps East of NOLA. But never found one not long after they made a kill. I was driving to one of the job sites on our pipeline and BAM! There he was. He turned the after burners on before I could get my camera on my phone up. This is what he left.

Morgan County, Ohio

You messed up his lunch. That's cool!

Comment

Originally posted by courtatlawjudge View Post
      You messed up his lunch. That's cool!

He had ate everything almost all the way to the hing quarters!

Comment

fast food not so fast

Comment

Would have been awesome to have a pic with him on his kill! How is Yankee land?

Comment

Bald Eagle Kill

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
            Would have been awesome to have a pic with him on his kill! How is Yankee land?

Uhm. I found a Giant.
            Bases are bushing 8.5.

Comment

The first one I ever saw was on a kill. They were very uncommon in Texas at that time and I didn't believe my eyes. Jammed on the brakes and backed up to see him fix me with that steely stare as he was pulling entrails out of something. I just stared back for a few seconds and he flew/hopped up to the top of a corner post and I rolled on. That was years ago next to Lake Palestine. In the late seventies I think.

Comment

And I hit a ground hog today. Helluva day! :-/

Comment

A couple years ago, my wife and I were coming back from an 3d shoot in Central Virginia and there were 3 of them on a deer carcass beside the road.

Comment

My dad and I were on a guided fishing trip about 10 years ago on Toledo Bend and in the early morning hours, when the water is like glass, we saw a Bald Eagle swoop down and take what looked to be about a 3lb bass out of the lake. We couldn't believe it. Very awesome!

Comment

That dude was hongry

Comment

Not exactly a bowhunting thread, but that's cool!

Comment

any way you look at it ,its cool

Comment

I thought this thread was going to be about the cat dragging up a bald eagle next.

They are cool creatures . I managed to get pics of one a couple years ago. Saw it go down over the edge of an overlook. I knew what it was going to feed on: dead fish. Got my cam out and tried to sneak up to the edge of the bluff. But it spotted me at the same time I saw it. And it took off. I did manage to get several pics of it flying off.

I see them regularly on another lake I frequent. See a few osprey there too.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                              Not exactly a bowhunting thread, but that's cool!
                              Lol!!! True!

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                              I thought this thread was going to be about the cat dragging up a bald eagle next.

They are cool creatures . I managed to get pics of one a couple years ago. Saw it go down over the edge of an overlook. I knew what it was going to feed on: dead fish. Got my cam out and tried to sneak up to the edge of the bluff. But it spotted me at the same time I saw it. And it took off. I did manage to get several pics of it flying off.

I see them regularly on another lake I frequent. See a few osprey there too.

Ha! I think he's on vacation now.

Comment

Working...
                              X