Traditional/ tree stand or ground?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traditional/ tree stand or ground?

How many hunt in elevated(tree stand) etc. vs. ground blinds etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mix it up, but prefer the ground.

Might have something to do with getting old. LOL

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
      I mix it up, but prefer the ground.

Might have something to do with getting old. LOL

Rick
      I should add: I've had a lot of success from tree stands, ladder stands, and tripods, but I've been quite a bit more successful from the ground. My favorite way to hunt (when I'm in an area where I can) is with my ghillie suit.

Rick

Comment

I let the place I pick determine what kind of stand to use - tripod, treestand, or ground blind.

I much prefer ground blinds and will look for a place to set one first if the place I’m hunting is a permanent setup place like a lease or my own property. I have 4 ground blinds set up on my home property.

My next favorite is a tripod. I have one set up at home place.

I have zero tree stands set up anywhere right now. I own a 1/2 dozen.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Fro.m pop ups to elevated Kkrivoman blind I think blinds on the ground or slightly elevated are your best bet. Especially here in Texas over feeders.
          But they can work well in good travel areas like funnels and creek crossings.
          Tripods and ladder stands are a big part of my strategy for bowhunting but I won't lie. When it's 19 degrees and the wind is blowing I like a blind. Even with Sitka Gear on.[emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I have two ground blinds at feeders - a ladder stand and a tripod on trails. I don't do lock-ons anymore.

Comment

I’ve got a mixture of natural ground blinds, elevated manufactured ground blinds and tree stands. I prefer a tree stand over the ground blinds when hunting alone. I love the elevated vantage point and being able to see in every direction. I usually save the ground blinds for hunting with my kids. Much easier for them to sit for longer periods of time when they can move around a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                I don't do lock-ons anymore.
                Me either. Ladder stands are way easier/faster to set up, and done right are way safer.

Still, a good ground blind is hard to beat for comfort, especially in the winter. Plus, they allow you to control your scent distribution some, which I find to be very advantageous.

Last night I hunted in a wind blowing directly from me to the feeder, but being able to make the wind blow around the blind (instead of through it) made it where the deer didn't notice me at all. I had one heck of a good show.

Even had the buck I'm after come in, just not quite close enough for a shot, because he was chasing doe, and never stood still.

They kept me pinned in my blind for almost two hours after dark. I finally blew at them to make them leave so I could.

Rick

Comment

I love hunting from tree stands but my trees on my place aren’t really big enough, at least in the areas my game come to

Comment

I like both but I’d say I prefer ground blinds.

Comment

Working...
                    X