7.62x39 ar question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7.62x39 ar question

Correct me if I’m wrong, but with a 7.62x39 upper, don’t you need an ar10 lower? Or can it go on a ar15 multi cal lower? Isn’t the mag well larger for 7.62?

An AR-10 is a.308 so no they are not compatible. You need an AR-15 lower for a 7.62

The 7.62 mag is alot smaller then a .308 mag. Similar size to an AR15 .223 mag but slightly bigger

Comment

Mine is on an AR 15 lower.

Comment

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Just ordered a radical firearms upper but it doesn’t include a bcg. What bcg do you guys recommend and also what magazines. I have heard of people having issues with certain magazines not feeding properly.

Comment

Originally posted by basschsr View Post
              Just ordered a radical firearms upper but it doesn’t include a bcg. What bcg do you guys recommend and also what magazines. I have heard of people having issues with certain magazines not feeding properly.
              Did you look at the Bear Creek Arsenal uppers? They are $250 and down for a complete upper.

Comment

I did not. May have jumped the gun. This one was $270 less the bcg

Comment

Originally posted by basschsr View Post
                  I did not. May have jumped the gun. This one was $270 less the bcg
                  I bought one a few months ago right before some Russian got poisoned and ammo went away. I haven't even shot it yet. I did come across a 520 round box of ammo for it last week at Academy that came home with me. I guess its time to try it out.

Comment

As others have said, 7.62x39 goes in a AR15. You're confused with 7.62x51, otherwise known as .308, which requires an AR10.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                      An AR-10 is a.308 so no they are not compatible. You need an AR-15 lower for a 7.62

The 7.62 mag is alot smaller then a .308 mag. Similar size to an AR15 .223 mag but slightly bigger
                      The mag is not bigger it just has a different curve in it. If it was bigger it would not fit.

Comment

I have a handful of x39 ARs. These mags run flawlessly

Comment

Working...
                        X