Cellular Game Cameras - School Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cellular Game Cameras - School Me

I'm looking at getting a Cellular Trail Camera but know NOTHING about them. What's the best? What's acceptable? Are they easy to set up and use? Any help is much appreciated!

You will get many opinions - based on my experiences I will boil my advice down to two sentences
    1) stay away from SPYPOINT.
    2) Tactacam Reveals have been working flawlessly for me

Comment

^^^^^^^
      'nuff said!!

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
        You will get many opinions - based on my experiences I will boil my advice down to two sentences
        1) stay away from SPYPOINT.
        2) Tactacam Reveals have been working flawlessly for me
        I may have jinxed Tactacam with that post - my app quit working this morning

Comment

I have a Spartan. It goes strong. Def not cheap by the time you get everything. But it’s run strong in west tx for 3yrs now. Heard good things about the tactacam but have no clue. I may try one for a cheaper camera to see how they do.

Comment

Muddy are cheap and work great

Comment

Search. Plenty of info

I have run several. All I will run is Spartan LTE now. You get what you pay for

Comment

Tactacams are the best bang for your buck.
                Spypoints are trash.
                Spartans are the best if your willing to pay the $.

Comment

I’m running a muddy manifest- $99 at academy, 1.5 years now, not one problem. $15
                  A month with att.

Comment

In my opinion, best value is the Tactacam Reveal or Tactacam Reveal X.

If money is no option I would probably go the Spartan Ghost or Reconyx HyperFire route.

Comment

I hane the cheap 160 coverts and they have been working great

Comment

1. Spartans
                        2. Covert
                        3. Tactacam (best you can get for the price)
                        4. Muddy

dead last is Spypoint

Comment

Been using Coverts for several years, but Tactacam Reveal X blows 'em away and 1/2 or less the price of the coverts... Still have one covert running and sent two in for warranty repair... Have 5 tactacam Reveal X's running flawlessly and great pics...

As others have posted, the Reveal X is the best bang for the bucks...

Comment

I have only used 2, the Tactacam and the Spartan. Here is my opinion on both.

Tactacam - I did not like the interface/app at all. The whole thing is confusing. The pics are very grainy/pixalated anytime you zoom in even just a little. If your bucks will be close to the camera this may not be a big deal. If you want an HD photo you have to pay for them. There is no option for a video download to your app. They are only $120 if you can find them.

Spartan - love the interface/app for the Spartan. Everything is easy to find. The pics are great even when zoomed in. Not pixalation at all so not grainy looking pics. I can download a HD photo or video on any picture I want for no additional fee. These run about $250-$300 depending on where you get them.

Plans run about the same so not a lot of difference there. I have had both Tactacam models and run nothing but Spartan now. It is worth it to me to have better pictures and an easier app and be able to get a HD pic or video on the app.

Comment

I've had great results with my Cuddeback Cuddelink system. Only have to buy one "home" camera that has cell capability and then can run up to 16 (I think) other cameras off of it as long as they are in range. I've got some decent elevation change and I'm running 6-7 cameras off of one home camera.

Comment

Working...
                              X