Hard headed teen not doing homework

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard headed teen not doing homework

Other than beating his *** again and taking away everything what options do I have. School just started and he already has 4 zeros for not doing his work.

He's 16.

Currently he's sitting on the balcony outside. I told him if he's going to be that way I need to get him used to the heat for when he's homeless soon. I may make him sleep there tonight too.

Have you asked him why?

Easy to say beat his ***, but if it doesn’t work then you need to understand what’s going on in his head.

Comment

Have you simply asked him why he hasn’t done his work? You might be surprised with his answer.

Comment

16 hes like a spike buck in the rut. talk to him about military school
        Last edited by waterdog; 08-26-2021, 06:39 PM.

Comment

So are you giving up on him and kicking him out of the house since you said when he is homeless soon? Talk to him and try and figure out what the problem is. He may need some counseling

Comment

Yes, talk with him and ask him why. Then, get back to us.

Comment

He could be having trouble at school with other things along with learning. If your able to, there is always home school.

Comment

Finding out what the kids deal is seems an important step. Maybe find out what does interest him and work out some reward system for good grades? Make it worth his while to get good grades.

Military school?

Other than that, tell him he has about 18 - 24 months to figure out where he's going to live, and how he is going to support himself.

Good luck with it all...

Comment

Car, phone, girlfriend, video games, all gone? Extra chores?

Comment

I was 14-15 and just flat said screw it with school work. Was grounded to my room along with other punishments for all but the first 3 weeks of 9th grade. I just didnt care. Burnout, depression, I dont know. Still cant explain it. Just couldnt make myself do it. Was willing to take whatever punishment that could be given.

Maybe I was just being an ahole. Dont know. Wish I could help.

Comment

Tell him you will buy him a jeep if he starts doing his work, and keeps passing grades.

Comment

Dad, he’s screaming for attention from you. Now figure out why?

Comment

This was me at 16. I was sure I was smarter than everybody in the room. My father was a Dentist and my twin got 2 Dr's in front of his name.
                          For a couple of decades I made more money than both of them and had a super happy family life in comparison to their's. Just had pictures done with our family group with the great grand son the other day.
                          Some people are different and will carve out their way.
                          My father tried to fight me at 16 and it ended badly for him. You might want to avoid that....

Comment

Who are his friends? I'd gound him til he gets it together

Comment

Teens these days have it far worse. A lot of stuff in their head that just drowns them. Tough love sometimes doesn't work. Try to get that dad and son time to see what's going on. Maybe even some professional counseling so he feels safe to open up. Just love on him and try to help turn over stones to see what the cause is.

Comment

Working...
                              X