2021 Handgun Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2021 Handgun Hunting Thread

I’m going to keep starting a new handgun hunting thread each year until y’all tell me to go away haha.

Killed this sow early today. 66 yard shot and instant dirt nap. I’m guessing about 100 pounds but did not weigh it. BFR in 454 Casull. 300 grain A Frame over H110. High shoulder complete pass through.

Post yours here if you got them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool & congrats

I have taking a whitetail with my handgun on my bucket list again this fall

Keep after it !

Comment

Love injecting lead poison in pigs with my .41 mags.
      I feel the need coming on.

Comment

I'm getting the urge to break out the pistols too. I'll have to see what I can do to contribute.

Comment

Don’t stop, love the handgun hunting threads. If I ever get loose from this covid crap maybe I can contribute…..

Comment

Nice shooting, handgun hunting is challenging and interesting. Post a handgun hunting story and I for one will give it a read. Also, dig the details of the shot, the gun, the bullet load, etc., always interesting to me, thanks for starting this.

Comment

Just picked up a Ruger 9.5" 44 mag on a trade deal. I grabbed it on a stalk the other day and hesitated just a second too long before this big boar got into the brush. Will try again with it soon.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                Love injecting lead poison in pigs with my .41 mags.

I feel the need coming on.
                Here's my model 57, which I'll be using this year. I just need to get a mold for it. Great round.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0657.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	24656945
                  I’m ready.
                  Here’s my CVA 243 pistol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by John316; 07-13-2021, 10:48 PM. Reason:

Comment

Great pics guys. Now, let’s see these pistols next to something dead! Good luck!

Comment

Makes me want to try it out, although i always carry my 357 tracker, not sure it will get it done.

Comment

I’ve been eye balling those CVA pistols just haven’t jumped on it yet . Are you satisfied with the CVA quality?

Comment

This year it will mostly be with 3 or 4 different ones depending on locations hunted.

Will post pics later, all have been used for hunts in the past with good success on hogs and deer plus a few coyotes when they showed up while hunting deer.

S&W PC 629 hunter package, TC Contender 7-30 Waters 14 inch Stainless, Ruger 357 Max and in short range locations 357 Mag Security 6.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Big Toe View Post
                            Makes me want to try it out, although i always carry my 357 tracker, not sure it will get it done.
                            It will absolutely get it done. Use a quality bullet and keep shots to 50ish. Try it just once and I think you’ll really enjoy it. Good luck! Pics!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Big Toe View Post

It don't take much to kill a Texas Whitetail. I mean, we do it with arrows.

I've seen a few .357s take down a few whitetails. Even with the Federal 125gr. Those things are Hot! But I'm sure there's more than that out there now. I prefer the 158gr JSP. And they will penetrate a little more on pigs.

And Like Randy M said, keep your shots inside 50 and you shouldn't have any problem. You could probably reach out a little further on Texas whitetails. But that's just me.

Comment

Working...
                              X