West Texas Cell Signal Boosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone give me pointers on which cellular booster system to buy for my pickup? I end up in the Midland/Odessa area frequently and need to use data/internet on my phone. I am hoping to get something that the antenna doesn’t have to mounted all the time. Which ones work best?

I run a “Weboost Drive Reach” and leave it on my truck full time. You can see the small antenna in the center of my roof. It’s maybe 4” tall.

I didn’t like the cans and found the signal gain is actually capped by the fcc and the big “can” that is the calling card for oilfield guys doesn’t add anything. I have guys pull up next to me on location constantly to mooch off the boaster and it typically gets them a bar even In the next truck over. It has done great for me and super easy to remove and reinstall (2 min)

10 stars

All that being said, if your running Verizon in west texas you’re gonna do well. If you running Verizon in south Texas you’re not... the opposite is true for ATT.. remember it’s a booster, so you have to have some signal to start with, however minuscule that may be!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ive gotten to where i just depend on my verizon phone. My area is big lake to north of midland to pecos up to orla up to carlsbad. I have an att work phone, att wifi service on my truck and my verizon personal phone. 99.9 % of the time my verizon phone used as a hotspot allows me to get all of my computer work done and almost never without service for calls and text.

Comment

I can’t get any signal from Verizon at all in Del Rio/Sonora area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

That’s awesome, I had no idea that there were options other than the pear burner looking antennas I see.

I have AT&T so I may be SOL out there.

Originally posted by bowfishin fool View Post
          I run a “Weboost Drive Reach” and leave it on my truck full time. You can see the small antenna in the center of my roof. It’s maybe 4” tall.

I didn’t like the cans and found the signal gain is actually capped by the fcc and the big “can” that is the calling card for oilfield guys doesn’t add anything. I have guys pull up next to me on location constantly to mooch off the boaster and it typically gets them a bar even In the next truck over. It has done great for me and super easy to remove and reinstall (2 min)

10 stars

All that being said, if your running Verizon in west texas you’re gonna do well. If you running Verizon in south Texas you’re not... the opposite is true for ATT.. remember it’s a booster, so you have to have some signal to start with, however minuscule that may be!

Comment

Originally posted by twostepct View Post
            That’s awesome, I had no idea that there were options other than the pear burner looking antennas I see.

I have AT&T so I may be SOL out there.

I bounce around all over the basin as well. Personally I hate Verizon and only use it when I have too. In my experience calls are great on Verizon but try to use them for data sucks. I can have 5 bars on the booster with Verizon and 1 bar on the booster with AT&T and the data runs quicker on at&t. Pick your poison get the 500$ booster and get to work[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Comment

Working...
            X