No announcement yet.

The perfect deer burger at home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We started the beef fat route years ago, then went 50% brisket because we needed more total meat. Converted to 50% chuck roast the last few years and like it the best. With chuck roast at $6 a lb this year, that makes the finished product $3 a lb. Too much for my tight arse😄. Since we have quite a bit from our first batch, I think I will go back to the beef fat for the rest of the season. Interesting that you originally grind the fat separately, never tried it that way

Comment

Thanks to everyone for the ideas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This is exactly what i do but a bit leaner ratio. Comes out great and the whole family loves it.

Comment

Do you wrap your meat in paper and then vacuum seal it? If so what’s the benefit?

Comment

Originally posted by Sideler View Post
            Do you wrap your meat in paper and then vacuum seal it? If so what’s the benefit?
            Just started doing that to make double sure we don't get freezer burn since we packaged up so much meat this year

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
              Just started doing that to make double sure we don't get freezer burn since we packaged up so much meat this year

I have really good results using the burger bags. I hav never gone past 18 months though.

Comment

Looks good. This is first year I bought ground in several years and I really don’t like the looks of the ground beef. It’s red all over until you break it open and it’s grey on the inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                  I have really good results using the burger bags. I hav never gone past 18 months though.

I’ve always used the burger bags with the tape dispenser. Ours is usually gone by the next season and always been good.

I liked using Wrights bacon ends but couldn’t find any around this year. Kroger always had them. Guy there said another victim of Covid.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
                    I bought a 15 pound brisket and ground the whole thing with 40 pounds of axis.... YUMMY!

This is what we do too. Can’t beat it.

Comment

Working...
                    X