Hunters for the hungry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunters for the hungry?

Do we have a post regarding Hunters for the Hungry? Locations? Costs? Just general info. My family has plenty of venison for this year, but would still like to keep hunting, just donate the meat.

Thanks

Originally posted by MIHunter View Post
    Do we have a post regarding Hunters for the Hungry? Locations? Costs? Just general info. My family has plenty of venison for this year, but would still like to keep hunting, just donate the meat.

Thanks
    I use Klein’s in boerne cost $50 per unit/ deer
    My two food banks I donate to require all meat donations to be professional packaged
    Hunters for the Hungry has provided over 10 million servings of venison to Texans in need. Through the program, hunters can drop off legally tagged, field-dressed whitetail or mule deer to participating meat processors. The partner processors prepare the venison for distribution through local food banks You can help by: Financially supporting the program with

How Hunting Helps Fight Hunger In Our Community The San Antonio Food Bank's Hunters for the Hungry program invites local hunters, processors, and managed land deer program permit holders to contribute specific animals for donation. The program
    Attached Files
    Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 11-21-2021, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Hunters for the Hungry has provided over 10 million servings of venison to Texans in need. Through the program, hunters can drop off legally tagged, field-dressed whitetail or mule deer to participating meat processors. The partner processors prepare the venison for distribution through local food banks You can help by: Financially supporting the program with

Sorry saw it was already posted.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Thanks everyone for the links and info.

Comment

Iowa has a very similar program called HUSH (Help Us Stop Hunger). The program is a partnership between the Iowa DNR and The Iowa Foodbank. Our hunting licenses have a $1.00 surcharge that finances the program. The locker that processes the deer gets $75.00 per deer and the Food Bank gets $5.00 per deer for distribution of the meat.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I've used 4 different processing folks in 30 years(Texas)
              I offered the hunter's for the hungry everytime,to each one..They all said the same thing..We're full,no room..2 of the 4 said they knew someone that would take 'em,and make tamales for their family..I used to process 15 deer a year..Gave a few away,but they never went to anybody that was hungry..That was pretty obvious when we met up..
              I like Iowa's arrangement.Thanks for the insight Arrowsmith...Be up your way in a month!

Comment

Is there anyplace around Temple/Austin to donate deer

Comment

Originally posted by ateague11 View Post
                  Is there anyplace around Temple/Austin to donate deer

M&M in Lampasas is the closest one I know of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X