TBH Opinion needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
    Gut shot deer will die. And a lease mate that respects his other lease members would have gladly given that buck to the first shooter. A deer isn’t worth drama.

To those saying he wouldn’t have found it. How do you know? A dog coulda found that deer fast.
    Originally posted by Artos View Post
    This will be a good campfire discussion...I personally consider it a Wounded recovery animal & happy to help #1 get his deer. Doubt anyone in our group would take credit & keep it as #2 in this situation.

Proves once again big deer make people stupid.
    What they said

Comment

Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
      Life’s too short to have deer lease drama, if I was the second shooter I’d let the first shooter have his deer.

Same. I'd be ecstatic that I helped the first guy recover his wounded deer. It would make for a helluva campfire story. Then again, I'm not a "I gotta get mines" or "I have to kill a big deer every year" type of fella. I'd be happy for guy #1.

Comment

Belongs to 2nd guy. 1st shot not lethal in reasonable time and no chance of recovery. No dog would have found this deer. 1st guy needs to put his man pants on.

If I’m 2nd guy I try to make peace to preserve trust at the lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Same. I'd be ecstatic that I helped the first guy recover his wounded deer. It would make for a helluva campfire story. Then again, I'm not a "I gotta get mines" or "I have to kill a big deer every year" type of fella. I'd be happy for guy #1.
          Absolutely. Floors me that so many say they’d keep it. And how many say that deer wouldn’t die from the first hunters shot. Without him even getting a chance to recover.

Comment

Number 2 gets it and agrees to providing free shooting lessons to number 1.

Comment

If it’s guts were hanging out, it would not have lived. Although it was a bad shot, it sounds lethal. 2nd guy finished off the 1st guys deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Smart, Trophy8, and Artos hit the nail on the head. As an ethical hunter, I wouldn’t want the deer! Why would you let suffer first off and second why would you wanna lay claim to it. Yes you technically killed the deer but had #1 not been a bad shot, then #2 would’ve never had the chance anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                  Absolutely. Floors me that so many say they’d keep it. And how many say that deer wouldn’t die from the first hunters shot. Without him even getting a chance to recover.

I have a hard time believing the deer lives with its guts hanging out.... no doubt. I think that was missed in the OPs original post.

Wiederhold above beat me too it...

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    I have a hard time believing the deer lives with its guts hanging out.... no doubt. I think that was missed in the OPs original post.

Wiederhold above beat me too it...

I’ll ad to it by saying that the 2nd hunter saved the 1st what could have been a tough tracking job and a long day. Thanks for the assist bud and head to the skinning rack.

Comment

as far as im concerned, the second hunter put the deer out of its misery for the first hunter. its the first hunters deer.

Comment

Just “how biga boy” is that first hunter?

Comment

Tell the first shooter to learn how to shoot a rifle....2nd shooters buck 100% IMO.

Comment

No right answer with an ethical dilemma like this. There's a push-comes-to-shove answer and then there's the right thing to do. I assume the two hunters are not good friends and are simply on the lease together. Only the OP can know what's right given the dynamics of the personalities involved.

Comment

TBH Opinion needed

Originally posted by Evolver View Post
                              Hindsight is 20/20, and we don't know all the details, but I guess I'll go ahead and pass judgement anyhow.

First hunter needs to get his mind right! Rather than feeling sorry for himself, what he should be feeling is apologetic/sympothetic to the deer and thankful that his leasemate was able to cleanly dispatch the animal that he had maimed with a poor shot.

^^^^^^This right here.^^^^

Sounds like the first shooter needs some range time. And needs to do a bit of soul searching.

If it was me being the 2nd shooter I would have probably offered it up to the guy who wounded it. I would not want to clean up that gut shot mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              Last edited by MUZZYSLINGR; 11-14-2021, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Call the game warden and ask who is legally supposed to tag it. That will settle it. Can’t believe two grown *** men can’t resolve it and need someone to step in to do it for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X