Never Agreed With Inside Spread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Artos View Post
    It's the universal mass measurement regardless of points that is out of whack...
    Every rack is judged the same, nothin is out of whack

Comment

Originally posted by Deerguy View Post
      Mass is accounted for in the mass measurements, no need to add extra credit for mass.
      That is correct. There is already a measurement for mass. The circumference on the main beam is measured up to several times.

Comment

I don't really see much issue with it, regardless of mass. Visually a 21" wide deer is much bigger looking than a 16" wide deer, but on the score sheet it's only a 5" difference. Mass measurements will give the heavier deer the score he needs.

Not sure about current times but I think the old MLD Level 3 overruled any antler restrictions.

Gross score is far superior to net, why deduct a buck if he isn't symmetrical or slick?

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
          Every rack is judged the same, nothin is out of whack
          Nope...an 8pt getting the same # of mass measurements as a 16pt is not being judged equally at all. It's the system we have but the mass portion is indeed Whacked.

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
            And now I’m thinking about boobies

Now? Heck, I was thinking about them when I opened this thread, this morning at breakfast, while reading the news, while at the UPS Store and most of the time I was driving to run errands.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
              You would still look [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

You know what they say…. “If you’ve seen one set, you want to see all the rest of ‘em”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                No sir. My math isn’t wrong. The point I’m trying to make is that 2 deer have an equal 20” outside spread measurement. One has 20” of mass and the other 40”. The pencil horn will receive a better spread credit on the score sheet.

Yeah, but he also gets 20” more mass!!

To me, SCI had it right better than B&C/P&Y. Give the deer credit for everything it grew!

Deductions are stupid, and nets are for fishing!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                  Yeah, but he also gets 20” more mass!!

To me, SCI had it right better than B&C/P&Y. Give the deer credit for everything it grew!

Deductions are stupid, and nets are for fishing!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  Tru Dat!!

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                    You know what they say…. “If you’ve seen one set, you want to see all the rest of ‘em”

According to Ron White[emoji23]

Comment

Never Agreed With Inside Spread.

I hunted with some fellas I’m pretty sure were adding both.
                      Anytime they threw out a score it’d be about 15” higher than I was seeing.

Don’t matter enough to ask, dead tagged deer on ice was the end result either way.

And to the derail- shadow casters vs pepperonies or somewhere in between ?- I’m unbiased, but the box of chocolates surprise always added to the moment of enlightenment.

Last edited by DaveC; 11-12-2021, 01:52 PM.

Comment

It’s an inch or two. I’ve seen multiple b&c scores measure the same set of antlers and all get different scores. The only way to really do it accurately across the board would be water displacement. A big tub with measurements on the side fill it with water, submerge all antler and record score.

Comment

Y'all could just take it back to the old days.

I shot a buck

cool how many points?

how wide?

18"

dang that's a nice deer!

Comment

Originally posted by Deerguy View Post
                            Mass is accounted for in the mass measurements, no need to add extra credit for mass.
                            this

Comment

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
                              It’s an inch or two. I’ve seen multiple b&c scores measure the same set of antlers and all get different scores. The only way to really do it accurately across the board would be water displacement. A big tub with measurements on the side fill it with water, submerge all antler and record score.
                              then you get down to skull cut.

498 cc's would be weird!

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                                I agree. Inside antler spread and bra sizes. All messed up. I mean everyone celebrates double Ds but heck a big ol fat gal can have them while really perky Cs on a fit gal are far superior. Agree???? Its just unfair and we should start a protest.
                                this guy gets it!

Comment

Working...
                                X