How much money is $450,000 to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
    FYI, to those of you who would pay off your house…….why? I can think of very limited situations where this makes sense financially.
    Very true. Paying off my house would be one of the last things I would consider. Takes money to make money. Mortgage is some of the cheapest money you'll ever get.

I'd invest more into my company and possibly buy some investment properties. I'd love to have some mailbox money.

Comment

Pay off my property in Llano and use the rest for my boys college fund.

Comment

Game changing for sure.

Comment

I'd say having no mortgage before I'm 40 would be pretty life changing.

We live comfortably now, so maybe a second home on a lake somewhere. That would definitely lead to some good Family times with us/Kids/Grandkids/Nieces/Nephews/Brothers/Parents.

Comment

I'd give some away. Invest some. Spend some. Same thing I do with every dollar I make or find.
            Last edited by curtintex; 10-29-2021, 02:55 PM.

Comment

$450k is a lot of money period. I don’t care if it would be a life changer to some or just more to add to the portfolio. All Americans should be royally ****** off that this is evening in consideration .

Comment

Buy a machine that makes #5 whataburger whenever I want

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                  $450k is a lot of money period. I don’t care if it would be a life changer to some or just more to add to the portfolio. All Americans should be royally ****** off that this is evening in consideration .
                  Yeah, I wake up every day to go to one of my 2 jobs and wonder why I do it. I look in the mirror and see a dip**** who works so bags of turds can have a better life

Comment

It would pay off all our debt which isn’t a ton. And have a LOT left over. Absolutely life changing.

Comment

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
                      I’d invest it. It wouldn’t change anything about how I currently live my life day to day right now. But I’m a collector of long-term, high yield investments. An extra $450,000 would allow me to add to my collection.

FYI, to those of you who would pay off your house…….why? I can think of very limited situations where this makes sense financially.
                      I hate owing anyone. No payments aside from utilities and tax would be amazing to me. And would free up a lot. The interest we all pay on mortgage is stupid.

Comment

I would pay my house off in Texas, my land off in Oklahoma and still have $100,00 left over to invest. Plus I still have 10yrs before I retire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

4fidy is fo shizzle a game changer for a life long small potatoes coach.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                            I hate owing anyone. No payments aside from utilities and tax would be amazing to me. And would free up a lot. The interest we all pay on mortgage is stupid.

Well the interest rate on your mortgage should be stupid…..stupidly low.

There is 100% no reason for anyone to have an interest rate on a mortgage right now that is higher than 4%. And that is on the extreme high side. Why pay off debt that is at that type of interest rate when you can earn 8-10% (on the low end) with the same money?

I get being debt averse. But it just doesn’t make financial sense to pay off an extreme low rate mortgage if you receive a windfall when you can put that money to work.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                              I'd give some away. Invest some. Spend some. Same thing I do with every dollar I make or find.
                              For me as well and I’d probably leverage some of it and create some more debt but only the kind that increases my “wealth”
                              Last edited by rvd; 10-29-2021, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Would love to have it. I would probably put somewhere to help with my Grandkids college tuition. That's just me.

Comment

Working...
                                X