Preference Points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RutnBuk View Post
    I have 22 elk points. Sending in for Colorado unit 61 first season this year.
    Should be a great hunt. Take lots of pics and good luck!

Comment

AZ closed yesterday.

Comment

I'll be putting in for another point for Colorado again.

Comment

Originally posted by simek View Post
          Should be a great hunt. Take lots of pics and good luck!
          I plan on it. Hopefully I get drawn.

Comment

I got 8 bighorn sheep points here in Texas. Ya'll should check out Oregons outta state hunt draw they are a point system and give away some killer tags. I got 7 general deer points here to, hoping for a good hunt draw this year right here at home. I drew Laguna Atascosa Rifle tag this year with 6 points.

Comment

After this year, I'll be sitting on 6 or more in AZ, UT, CO, and WY and planning to start trying to cash in here in a couple years.

Originally posted by RutnBuk View Post
              I have 22 elk points. Sending in for Colorado unit 61 first season this year.
              My uncle is sitting on 27 points I believe and has planned on putting into unit 61 this season for a while since he's retired and can spend the entire season out there. He's also looked into a couple other units that have high trophy potential, but not sure what he's going to go with for sure.

Comment

20 years later and still no cute hunts drawn here. Point creep is killing everyone, the demand is dwarfing the paltry supply and demand continues to go up. Last years draw application #'s were a kick in the head, you might as well just start playing powerball. I know somebodys got to draw but the reality is very very slim for the good places.
                Last edited by bossbowman; 02-10-2021, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Ya, the demand is really high. It could all be money down the drain. But if we all don't at least try, then are chances are 0%.. Lord knows I can't afford without a lucky draw..
                  Until then, Ill keep hunting rugged NM 55A

Comment

16 deer PP in Colorado for me, going to burn them this year.
                    4 Wyoming moose PP, probably won't ever draw my 3 rd moose tag but I keep buying PP and going for random tags.

Comment

Have 4 PP in Colorado for Elk and 5 in Iowa for whitetail... I'm working on it!

Comment

Question for all the point builders- do y’all just buy points in states every year and hope to one day draw the high demand units or do y’all accumulate points while also hunting those states and animals?

Comment

There is a very good video out on YouTube by Randy Newberg on the subject of point creep.

If you don't know who he is, he is a CPA up in Montana that is all about public land hunting. Ha has had TV shows as well on hunting, one of them being Fresh Tracks.

I recommend anyone putting in for out of state tags or buying preference points to watch that video.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I wish they would do away with the points (probably won’t ever happen). I will never have a chance at a lot of units due to point creep. Congrats if you got in on the point game early and good luck on your draws/hunts this year.

Comment

What does it mean to "Burn Points"

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                                Question for all the point builders- do y’all just buy points in states every year and hope to one day draw the high demand units or do y’all accumulate points while also hunting those states and animals?
                                I put in for points in Wyoming and buy leftover antelope and mule deer tags. Doesn't eat my points that way and plenty of public land in WY.

Comment

Working...
                                X