Talk to me about 9mm or 45 conversion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talk to me about 9mm or 45 conversion.

I am looking for a 9mm or .45 conversion kit for one of my ARs. Do any of you have experience with a particular kit? I would rather use one of my registered lowers so I dont have to worry about the stock, etc. but if a dedicated lower makes more sense I am fine with that. Would like a 5 or 7 inch barrel and I have a .45 suppressor that will be dedicated, so would like it under the handguard. I have heard some kits can be finicky with feeding, needs to be reliable. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Never used a conversion, but I can advise that you get one that uses glock mags. More reliable and way more available than the old ones did. Might try endomags too. Basically converted pmags. They would be ideal fornwhatbyou are doing, but I dont have any personal experience with them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

go to Americanresistancegear.com and buy one micheal builds. you will not be sorry. look at the pit viper

Comment

I built one off of a glock mag lower from palmetto state and I like it enough I’m building a second one. The upper is just the slick side “spotter” upper with no dust cover or forward assist. I’ve got a 4.5” barrel on it with a 5 or 6” hand guard that I can either fit my suppressor or a flash can under and the shockwave brace. I used a flat wire buffer spring along with a heavy buffer in it. Overall, I really enjoy it. I’m also going to try the EndoMag so I can use the upper on my registered lower.

Comment

Researching a 9mm AR pistol build now.

I know I want Glock mags and lock back on empty and I have found not all uppers lock back.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
            Researching a 9mm AR pistol build now.

I know I want Glock mags and lock back on empty and I have found not all uppers lock back.
            I would want both of these items as well.

Comment

Originally posted by twostepct View Post
              I built one off of a glock mag lower from palmetto state and I like it enough I’m building a second one. The upper is just the slick side “spotter” upper with no dust cover or forward assist. I’ve got a 4.5” barrel on it with a 5 or 6” hand guard that I can either fit my suppressor or a flash can under and the shockwave brace. I used a flat wire buffer spring along with a heavy buffer in it. Overall, I really enjoy it. I’m also going to try the EndoMag so I can use the upper on my registered lower.
              Does this one lock on empty? If so, do you have part details?

Comment

No, mine does not have the last round bolt hold open. Everything I’ve read about it (which honestly is not an exhaustive list) is that the function typically is not real reliable. Another purported problem is breaking bolt catches. After considering all of that I decided I didn’t think it was worth the possible problems to have it.

Comment

mine locks open after the last round.

Comment

I never could get into the kits & wanted something designed around the pistol cartridge...here's my 5"bbl CMMG Banshee in 45acp. They just came out with an 8" 10mm which is pretty spiffy. Haven't had a lot of trigger time but am liking the blowback design.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Artos, is that the delayed blowback setup CMMG has? If so that’s supposed to be a pretty slick setup.

Comment

The Banshee comes in 3 series, the 100, 200 & 300 but think they all utilize the same blowback system...this on is the 300. I'm glad the 10mm came later as i would have been tempted, but I already have a lot of 45 ammo. I haven't had it that long but impressed so far.

If you are going to use a this as a primary defense firearm, then I would skip the kits. PSA makes a pretty darn nice one in 9mm that doesn't break the bank. Was hoping they would bring the 45 back, but then found out about the Banshee. It's a better gun & price tag proves it. Nothing wrong with the PSA 9 & have a buddy who says both his run great.

CMMG offers this gun in quite a few calibers.
                        Last edited by Artos; 09-15-2019, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Thank you for that explanation, I appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                            The Banshee comes in 3 series, the 100, 200 & 300 but think they all utilize the same blowback system...this on is the 300. I'm glad the 10mm came later as i would have been tempted, but I already have a lot of 45 ammo. I haven't had it that long but impressed so far.

If you are going to use a this as a primary defense firearm, then I would skip the kits. PSA makes a pretty darn nice one in 9mm that doesn't break the bank. Was hoping they would bring the 45 back, but then found out about the Banshee. It's a better gun & price tag proves it. Nothing wrong with the PSA 9 & have a buddy who says both his run great.

CMMG offers this gun in quite a few calibers.
                            I will check out the CMMG. Good stuff!

Comment

here are a couple of american resistance 9mm. the one with the pig is mine. american resistance has a patented last round bolt hold open built into their lowers

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by Javelin; 09-15-2019, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X