No announcement yet.

Great exotic hunt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=hillcountryhunter;12939908]My dad and I booked this hunt with Bobby Grieger and G Ranch Outfitters this past December after seeing another persons hunt on here. We both spent the better part of a year making plans and just generally excited at the opportunity to kill some nice exotic animals. From the get go my dad had his heart set on a blackbuck but I couldn’t decide. I waffles back and forth between a blackbuck and aoudad.
    From the time we booked, Bobby was great. He was super easy to deal with and was constantly sending pictures of what to expect. The weekend finally came and we headed to Gatesville to the ranch we would be hunting. The first morning was great. There were all sorts of animals at the feeders from Oryx, elk, fallow, whitetail, everything except the blackbuck and aoudad we were after. After eating breakfast we headed backnout in search of a great blackbuck for my dad. The problem wasn’t finding them as the ranchbis loaded with blackbuck, but picking out one that was just right. We finally spotted the one and after a little cat and mouse, he was down. He taped out at 22” straight and my Dad was ecstatic.
    Now it was my turn. Bobby took us back to a stand where the aoudad frequented. As soon as we arrived a herd was already there and quickly spooked out. After waiting for what seemed like forever, three big rams finally made their way in. Bobby pointed out the big bruiser in the back and away the bullet went. After a quick search in the dark, I finally had my hands on my aoudad. He was ended up at 29 1/2” and was a brute.
    From the time we arrived at the ranch, Bobby worked his tail off and made everything perfect. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a great hunting trip. We are already planning a trip back with me, my dad and my daughter for her first animal.

Congratulations- I worked with your Dad at DuPont/Invista years ago. I am glad to see he is doing well.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Nice memories and animals. Congrats to you and you dad

Comment

[quote=Das71198;12940601]
          Originally posted by hillcountryhunter View Post
          My dad and I booked this hunt with Bobby Grieger and G Ranch Outfitters this past December after seeing another persons hunt on here. We both spent the better part of a year making plans and just generally excited at the opportunity to kill some nice exotic animals. From the get go my dad had his heart set on a blackbuck but I couldn’t decide. I waffles back and forth between a blackbuck and aoudad.
          From the time we booked, Bobby was great. He was super easy to deal with and was constantly sending pictures of what to expect. The weekend finally came and we headed to Gatesville to the ranch we would be hunting. The first morning was great. There were all sorts of animals at the feeders from Oryx, elk, fallow, whitetail, everything except the blackbuck and aoudad we were after. After eating breakfast we headed backnout in search of a great blackbuck for my dad. The problem wasn’t finding them as the ranchbis loaded with blackbuck, but picking out one that was just right. We finally spotted the one and after a little cat and mouse, he was down. He taped out at 22” straight and my Dad was ecstatic.
          Now it was my turn. Bobby took us back to a stand where the aoudad frequented. As soon as we arrived a herd was already there and quickly spooked out. After waiting for what seemed like forever, three big rams finally made their way in. Bobby pointed out the big bruiser in the back and away the bullet went. After a quick search in the dark, I finally had my hands on my aoudad. He was ended up at 29 1/2” and was a brute.
          From the time we arrived at the ranch, Bobby worked his tail off and made everything perfect. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a great hunting trip. We are already planning a trip back with me, my dad and my daughter for her first animal.

Congratulations- I worked with your Dad at DuPont/Invista years ago. I am glad to see he is doing well.
          That’s great! He is still out there but getting closer to retirement.

Comment

Great animals!

Comment

Nice

Comment

Congrats. Bobby is a good guy!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShawnG View Post
                  Congrats. Bobby is a good guy!!
                  Bobby was great. We worked his tail off the whole weekend. I would highly recommend him to anyone wanting a trophy animal and a great experience.

Comment

Very cool

Comment

It was great to meet y’all and have y’all hunt with me

Comment

Working...
                      X