Big Bird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Bird

I know it's a bit of force perspective especially with the small buck in the pic but this fella' looks big to me. I really hope to get one this weekend to take to family Thanksgiving this year.

Not sure if your considering cooking like a Butterball but you will be disappointed. Fillet out breast and cut in strips and chicken fry like backstrap is best way I've found to cook

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
      Not sure if your considering cooking like a Butterball but you will be disappointed. Fillet out breast and cut in strips and chicken fry like backstrap is best way I've found to cook
      I'll second that recommendation!

Comment

turkey

Originally posted by captain gorton View Post
        I'll second that recommendation!
        Yep, I'll third that recommendation!

Comment

Remember they walk for a living. Drumsticks can be tough!

Comment

No. I'm smoking a store bought bird. I'm planning to breast out a wild bird if I get one.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
              I'll 4th it. Cooking them in the oven = big disappointment.

Comment

I've never been disappointed in the birds I've done whole in the oven. I must be doing something different.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                  I've never been disappointed in the birds I've done whole in the oven. I must be doing something different.
                  No, you're just tougher than most of us.

Comment

Looks like the one that tried to kick me *** at the lease about 10 years ago

Comment

Originally posted by Wayno View Post
                      No, you're just tougher than most of us.
                      Oh I doubt that very much. Lol.

Comment

Big boy for sure

Comment

Geoff, I'm with you on this! I've done a bunch "butterball style" and they're just fine, especially Fall birds. The key to a good wild bird is to pick it rather than skin it. When I used to shoot 'em with a gun, I'd head shoot them and when they're all done, they look very much like a butterball. In the Spring, not so much... too many pin feathers and the bigguns (gobblers) are run down from the rut and no fat... Fall birds are VERY GOOD when picked and stuffed just like a domestic bird! They're good deep fried too!

Comment

That a big turkey.

Comment

I agree, chicken fry the breast in thin steaks or strips, make some real good gravy and pig out( turkey out ).

Comment

Working...
                              X