The Official 2020 TBH/APR Special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by offthemap View Post
    I'm looking at option 1... Foresee any issues with a .257 wby mag?

From what I can tell the OAL of the cartridge is 3.2, which is just shy of the 30-06 but a bit bigger than 308 length stuff

You might look into getting a fast twist barrel to accommodate the new, heavier bullets that are coming out. Better BC’s than the 6.5’s and obviously flatter shooting. Check out the Blackjack 131 gr ACE. I believe it runs best with a 1:7 or 1:7.5.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
      HS Precision DBM might be an option on some set ups as its a pretty similar inlet, just ask when you call. M5 is for sure out on this one.

If I can do a DBM with option 1 for a .280ai or 6.5 prc, then I’m in for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Would a 20x47 lapua be possible?

Comment

Originally posted by Elnicko View Post
          Would a 20x47 lapua be possible?
          No go

Comment

Are 25 creedmoor or 260 AI an option?

Thanks again for allowing everyone to get in on an awesome deal!

Comment

Is there anyway i can substitute the McMillan carbon game hunter for game warden, left handed shooter, just makes it easy to where everyone can shoot in my family. Don’t want a huge cheek pad and it makes sense to keep it right. Thanks

Comment

This is not correct, 6.5 156 EOL has higher BC than 131 ace bullets.

Originally posted by peterp63 View Post
                You might look into getting a fast twist barrel to accommodate the new, heavier bullets that are coming out. Better BC’s than the 6.5’s and obviously flatter shooting. Check out the Blackjack 131 gr ACE. I believe it runs best with a 1:7 or 1:7.5.

Comment

Robert,

What are the weights for both options?

Thanks

Comment

Can't decide what to do. build one of these, or spend about 500 more and get exactly want I want.
                    Last edited by progolferv1; 01-08-2020, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cb4128 View Post
                      Are 25 creedmoor or 260 AI an option?

Thanks again for allowing everyone to get in on an awesome deal!
                      Yes and yes

Comment

Originally posted by peterp63 View Post

I found the twist rate depends on caliber. Make sure you or whoever does their research prior to placing the order.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                          I found the twist rate depends on caliber. Make sure you or whoever does their research prior to placing the order.

Sierracharlie out…
                          Agreed. He was referring to my question on the 257 wby mag, to which I admittedly have little to zero knowledge. Now that Robert says it's a go, I fully intend to investigate all my options before I order.

Not even sure this is the caliber I want to roll with but I've always liked the numbers I've seen so it's in the running

Comment

Originally posted by offthemap View Post
                            Agreed. He was referring to my question on the 257 wby mag, to which I admittedly have little to zero knowledge. Now that Robert says it's a go, I fully intend to investigate all my options before I order.

Not even sure this is the caliber I want to roll with but I've always liked the numbers I've seen so it's in the running
                            You should by my 257 mag from the 2018 build

Comment

When you say this is basically your maverick package does your maverick package have the Defiance action option? Can I pick this gun up later this year for nearly the same price? I only ask because I had half set back like last years down payment requirement and I paid my other half the day I got the call it was ready. The $2k downpayment threw my plans off which I totally understand. Only takes a few to ruin it for all.

Comment

Originally posted by OKFF610 View Post
                                When you say this is basically your maverick package does your maverick package have the Defiance action option? Can I pick this gun up later this year for nearly the same price? I only ask because I had half set back like last years down payment requirement and I paid my other half the day I got the call it was ready. The $2k downpayment threw my plans off which I totally understand. Only takes a few to ruin it for all.

I was thinking the same thing. I went to the shop the other day and held the Mavrick. I was shock at how heavy it was, but I am comparing it to my build last year, which is light. I am a righty that shoot lefty, so I think I am just going to build me one this year with the stock I want.

Comment

Working...
                                X