Cracked tooth! Root canal!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
    Not pulling the tooth and going with the root canal and crown. I am not going to suffer anymore to find a cheaper place period! Unfortunately, on Medicare and a supplement, it does not cover dental at this time. I basically chew EVERYTHING on my right side and this is where I would loose a tooth. NO THANK YOU!

Say what you will but it is my mouth, my tooth and my money!
    I agree with your decision.

Comment

I’ve had at least 1/2 dozen root canals and crowns. None of them survived so I’m about $12k out of pocket and no teeth to show for it.

It’s a temporary fix and an expensive one at that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Not pulling the tooth and going with the root canal and crown. I am not going to suffer anymore to find a cheaper place period! Unfortunately, on Medicare and a supplement, it does not cover dental at this time. I basically chew EVERYTHING on my right side and this is where I would loose a tooth. NO THANK YOU!

Say what you will but it is my mouth, my tooth and my money!

I don't think anybody was putting a gun to your head about it. I had one pulled on my main chewing side because the dentist said he didn't think the crown would last on a cracked/broken molar. Said it would be better to pull and get a future implant. I plan on doing an implant eventually (post corona and house improvements) but I've had no issues chewing on that side once it healed and toughened up a bit.
        Last edited by Smart; 08-12-2020, 07:44 AM.

Comment

You get what you pay for. I spend half of my time fixing the aftermath of cheap dental work.

Comment

Root canal is done, temporary crown is in and pain s gone with some Tylenol. Time will tell f I made the right decision but it was my decision and I would not change it.

Comment

Root canal is done, temporary crown is in and pain s gone with some Tylenol. Time will tell f I made the right decision but it was my decision and I would not change it.
              Had my root canal on Monday. Went in today for my crowns. The dentist I chose had a Cerec machine, it mills the crown while ya wait. Both permanent crowns are now on and I had a decent dinner.

Before I paid today, I asked if the price was negotiable...they knocked off 300.

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                If it’s fractured bad enough for it to hurt like that there is a chance it’s not restorable. If that fracture extends down the root below bone the root canal won’t fix it. I haven’t seen very good work from the emergency dental clinics. A CT will show you what an X-ray will not. You can always have it removed and spend the extra money on your truck. Replace it with an implant down the road if needed. A second opinion is never a bad idea before you drop that much money. Good luck.
                Did you take a pic of the X-ray?
                Pm and message sent.

Comment

Hope you feel better soon!! See you in a few weeks

Comment

Started getting a toothache Friday night. Tried 2 what they called themselves, 24 hour emergency Dentists here over Saturday and Sunday and none answered the phone. Finally got into one today at 11. Found out one tooth on my back right lower jaw has a crack in in an that is where the pain is coming from. Pain goes from almost nothing to a throbbing 10! Very, very hard to sleep or do anything when your head and jaw throb!

Dentist said, ROOT CANAL and CROWN! ****, $2800 in one fell swoop!

Maybe I need to start a GOFUND me account.

There goes my new Grill Guard, Bed Liner and Tool Box for my new F350!
                    I must be going to the wrong dentist. Mine would have been twice as much.

Comment

Working...
                    X