Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
      That’s madness. Did you see who was credited on the photo? :O
      Oh man! Whoops!

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
        That’s madness. Did you see who was credited on the photo? :O

Comment

Or they were making a nuke and made a slight error.....

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
            lmco!!
            I see what you did there.

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
            News reported it was ammunition and sodium nitrate that was confiscated from a ship 6 years ago and stored in the warehouses.
            Great decision to store a munitions and explosives cache in the port in your capitol.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
              But we all know it was really probably Israel
              We will know by weekend if rockets start getting launched into Tel Aviv

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
                That appears to be a grain elevator that blew up. Fairly common thing to happen unless safety precautions are taken.

Yes, that looks like a grain elevator. But I don't think it was grain that blew up. I you look at the damage and watch some of the videos, of the explosion. It had to be a large stock pile of ammo, weapons, that blew.

Yes, I lived in the Corpus area, when the CC grain elevator blew, that was pretty crazy, how much damage the grain explosion did, but that was a whole lot lower pressure, lower velocity explosion. That explosion blew large chunks of concrete across the road, and into the ship channel. A lot of the pieces of that explosion, were pretty large, because of the lower pressure explosion. Had it been a lot higher pressure explosion, it would have fractured the concrete into much smaller pieces and blown them much farther.

Comment

Ok, I just realized, that lake that comes in towards the grain elevator is ground zero. That explains why the grain elevator, is still standing. I figured, if it had been ground zero, it should be gone. I guess that pile of stuff at the base of the elevator, is grain. WOW!

Comment

Before Boom, After Boom
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                      News reported it was ammunition and sodium nitrate that was confiscated from a ship 6 years ago and stored in the warehouses.
                      I’m gonna go with ammonium nitrate.

Comment

I think they were using the grain elevator as a blast shield. They stored the weapons there, knowing if something went wrong, the grain elevator would help prevent some damage, to the city. The buildings to the left of the grain elevator, got smashed pretty hard.
                        Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 08-05-2020, 07:30 AM.

Comment

that’s a big boom
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
                            I’m gonna go with ammonium nitrate.
                            Me too. The telltale signs of ignited ammonium — reddish smoke

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                              I think they were using the grain elevator as a blast shield. They stored the weapons there, knowing if something went wrong, the grain elevator would help prevent some damage, to the city. The buildings to the left of the grain elevator, got smashed pretty hard.
                              Pretty big assumption. Maybe the grain elevator is there because it's a shipping port and they ship grain...

Comment

Red tape

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                                Me too. The telltale signs of ignited ammonium — reddish smoke
                                That’s the overseas news feed that the port security has been begging to deport that stuff for years And it’s been tied up with a court order red tape,

Comment

Working...
                                X