Anyone done a stock tank pool DIY.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone done a stock tank pool DIY.

My wife has been on the hunt for a kiddy pool for the last month and has come up with nothing. She told me last week she wanted a heavy duty plastic tank she could make a pool out of to put at our land for the boys and us to cool down in. I told her I would go to Atwoods later in the weekend and pick one up, well I lied. I have been on a hunt for a tank for the last several days and just so happened to drive past our local Atwoods today and they had a delivery of 10 and 8 footers. I grabbed me up 10'er on sale for $370.00. It blows my mind how crazy the want is for these things right now. She wanted me to make a three hour round trip after work yesterday to get one in south Ft. Worth and there was no way that was happening. I have since had to order a cheap made/expensively priced intex pool pump from ebay that will be here next week. Have any of you guys been put on this most recent pandemic mission like I have?

Here is a pic of the poly tanks, they are pretty well built.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Was thinking of doing this myself with a galvanized one but heard they are hard to find lately.

Comment

In for results. Considering the same project.

Comment

I haven't been put on this task - yet.
          But the outcome sounds awesome!! Especially since San Marcos shut down all the river access in town. Still shaking my head at this....

Comment

If it doesn't already have a drain in it, put one in.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DRettele View Post
                I haven't been put on this task - yet.

But the outcome sounds awesome!! Especially since San Marcos shut down all the river access in town. Still shaking my head at this....
                Id say of you want one go ahead and get to hunting up the parts, they are scarce right now. I found there are some small intex pumps on ebay still.

Comment

Originally posted by KDinTX View Post
                  If it doesn't already have a drain in it, put one in.
                  Drain was already installed, so gtg on that.

Comment

I did one years ago with the cheap intex pump. I used a couple of kitchen drain parts to make the connections.

Comment

Originally posted by SHSU18 View Post
                      Was thinking of doing this myself with a galvanized one but heard they are hard to find lately.
                      They definitely are. My main concern about the galvanized tubs is that mine will be sitting in sand and I worried about rust starting too soon.

Comment

I built one for my daughter a couple years ago. She’s 4 now, still uses it almost every day. I bought a pool pump from Wal-Mart with a filter and a saltwater system. Pretty easy on the maintenance. My girl has a blast with it. These are pictures when I was just about done building it. I added umbrellas to the corner posts.

Comment

We just drain ours and flip it over after we use it for a few days. But it's at our property..not at the house. Like mentioned....the parts you need are usually on backorder. Lots of youtube videos on installing the intex pumps, hoses, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                            We just drain ours and flip it over after we use it for a few days. But it's at our property..not at the house. Like mentioned....the parts you need are usually on backorder. Lots of youtube videos on installing the intex pumps, hoses, etc.
                            I have a 300gal tank we use, is there a filter system that goes through the drain plug? Or do you have to cut holes?

Comment

Some people drill two holes and leave the drain plug alone and some people use the drain plug and drill one hole. But you have to have two holes to make it work.

Comment

Working...
                              X