X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
    That's what happens when you play with the big boys [emoji13]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    I’m not scared!!! Not exactly excited about that place in late August but come mid August I will probably be wanting to go! Hard headed!

Comment

Cleaned 100 in the last 2 days but it’s been a grind for sure! Lots of fish on structure and sometimes can’t buy a bite from any of em. Be exited for the water to cool down and them to get back to crushing the jigs. It’s been a soft bite lately and best bite had been pulling the jig through the fish. Don’t have anything left this month but lots of room in August. I’m one of me idiots that still chases em this time of year!!

Comment

Made it back from Heber Springs! Ready to get back after the slabs. Booked a cabin today for Green River Lake in Kentucky! Gonna spend a week there and a week in Branson in October crappie fishing! Yea me!!!

Comment

Late notice. Any crappie guides have openings September 6th? Any lake from Livingston to fork? May be looking to take my 9YO daughter fishing as she has picked up an interest

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
            Late notice. Any crappie guides have openings September 6th? Any lake from Livingston to fork? May be looking to take my 9YO daughter fishing as she has picked up an interest

Waiting to find out when a dove trip is scheduled so not sure yet. I have the 23rd of August open and some weekdays. Can do Fork or Palestine. Quite a few Houston folks drive up and meet me at Palestine.

Comment

Had Mike and Mark on Palestine the other day and they whipped up on em pretty good! Had 50 in the cooler before it got hot. Felt good to be back after the slabs after giving them a week off!

Looking at my schedule with tourneys coming up I'm gonna be off fishing more in Sept and Oct than I'm at the office!

Booked a cabin at Green River Lake in Kentucky for a week in Oct and then will be in Branson for a week as well. Sept have a dove hunt and bringing the boat with me to take to Grenada and then a week late in the month on the Quachita River again! Life is good!!!

Slew

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                Had Mike and Mark on Palestine the other day and they whipped up on em pretty good! Had 50 in the cooler before it got hot. Felt good to be back after the slabs after giving them a week off!

Looking at my schedule with tourneys coming up I'm gonna be off fishing more in Sept and Oct than I'm at the office!

Booked a cabin at Green River Lake in Kentucky for a week in Oct and then will be in Branson for a week as well. Sept have a dove hunt and bringing the boat with me to take to Grenada and then a week late in the month on the Quachita River again! Life is good!!!

Slew
                Funny, I don't remember going fishing with you and my younger brother. I don't remember going fishing at all this summer.

[emoji23]

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                  Back from the Quachita River! Man that was rough! 5' high and rolling. Caught some good fish but not enough. Might get another crack at it Thursday before the tourney on Friday and Sat. Still gotta find a good hotel in W Monroe that has plug ins and boat parking! Did eat Johnny's pizza 2x and stopped at Podnuh's BBQ on the way home. I miss those 2 places. Sweep the kitchen is where it's at! I've had pizza all over the US and would take Johnny's over any of em.
                  Man you just can't beat Johnny's Sweep and Podnuh's! I make it a must when I'm back home, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbuddyandroby View Post
                    Man you just can't beat Johnny's Sweep and Podnuh's! I make it a must when I'm back home, too.

Just looked up Johnny’s, lots of locations in lots of towns, are they all the same or is there a single standout?

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                      Just looked up Johnny’s, lots of locations in lots of towns, are they all the same or is there a single standout?
                      For the most part, they are all the same. There used to be one in the Katy, Tx area, but it closed a while back. The closest to me now is in Lake Charles (if it's still open; I haven't been in a while). The original location in Monroe, Louisiana across from the college (ULM now- formally NLU), I cut my teeth on back in the day....

Comment

I'll be back the end of August and end of Sept for some more Sweep the Kitchen!

Fork was fun today! Didn't find big enough fish but sure caught plenty of fish!

Comment

This weekend was a grind! Sat was on Fork and was as tough as I have seen it. Was part of a group trip and my guys managed 27 with a 2.09 big fish. We fished about 4.5 hours. Some Places I caught fish Thursday were a bust! Had to deviate from my game plan and come to find out of the 4-5 boats chasing crappie we were top boat and had big fish. They had prizes for big fish of each species. The catfish guys slammed em but dang then you gotta clean 50-75 catfish! Hell will freeze over before I run a catfish trip in my boat. Sunday I was on Palestine with coach Northern and his son and they had 40 in the cooler before they had to head back to Houston. We told Louisiana stories all morning and had a good time. They were great fisherman. It’s a real grind in summer but keep moving and you will end up with a mess I’ve only got a few more trips this month and then Sept and Oct I’m pretty slammed with tourneys! Oct looks like I might work 7 days and fish or travel to fish the rest! God is good!!

Slew

Comment

We have been staying on em in the heat...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great work Sam!

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Working...
                                X