Academy find for the Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Academy find for the Day

Well, got what I considered a killer deal last week with a Savage MSR Recon in .224 Valkyrie. Well today, at same Academy talking to one of the employees and I ask about anymore ARs hiding out in the back room. He tells me there is one since March because a guy ordered it but was denied purchase. He brings out another Savage MSR PT 223/5.56 and I walked out the door with it. I am not much on iron sites and went to local gun shop and they removed it and put new gas block on it. Was really looking to get 7.62x39 upper but guess that will have to wait a bit. Got a suppressor coming, got it picked out and all paperwork filed last week, so now just have to wait on that as well.

From my Make Believe World

Good for you. I have never thought about asking that before. Will next time I go in academy

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
      Well, got what I considered a killer deal last week with a Savage MSR Recon in .224 Valkyrie. Well today, at same Academy talking to one of the employees and I ask about anymore ARs hiding out in the back room. He tells me there is one since March because a guy ordered it but was denied purchase. He brings out another Savage MSR PT 223/5.56 and I walked out the door with it. I am not much on iron sites and went to local gun shop and they removed it and put new gas block on it. Was really looking to get 7.62x39 upper but guess that will have to wait a bit. Got a suppressor coming, got it picked out and all paperwork filed last week, so now just have to wait on that as well.

From my Make Believe World
      Midway has a 7.62x39 upper in stock for $430. It's just the basic M4 style upper with the front sight gas block though.

Comment

Working...
      X