Who's traveling for turkey next weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's traveling for turkey next weekend

My lease is 5.5 hours north and I am planning on going. Anyone not going because of the virus concerns?

I am not going and mine is 5 hours away as well... I have some past respiratory issues and my wife has an autoimmune deal with her thyroid.....so it's just not worth it to me right now.

Maybe in a couple of weeks or maybe in a month ..
    Last edited by Smart; 03-30-2020, 12:44 PM.

Comment

I'm going but my lease is only 1 1/2 hours away - never have to get out of the truck between here and there. It may be a little early yet for calling them in but I did hear some gobbling out there yesterday morning which got my blood pumping.

Comment

Me. And a friend. No lease, so we have to stay in a motel and eat in restaurants, so it’s out for us. Next year !

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
          I'm going but my lease is only 1 1/2 hours away - never have to get out of the truck between here and there. It may be a little early yet for calling them in but I did hear some gobbling out there yesterday morning which got my blood pumping.
          They were gobbling like crazy in San Saba County in Bend two days ago.

I don't hunt turkey but I walked outside on my back porch and screamed "gobble gobble" and had 3 toms all gobble back.

Comment

Planning on making a trip mid week this week and cross the ditch. Might be an adventure.

Comment

I was going. Called it off for now.................

Comment

If I had a place to go I would be going.

Comment

I was going but the landowner just shut our lease down because of Val Verde guidelines.

Comment

We had our annual hunt booked for next weekend at a place that we normally go to every year. The ranch cancelled on us due to the virus. Luckily we have a backup ranch with many spots available because everyone cancelled on them because of the virus. Not this weekend but next though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Dan View Post
                      I was going but the landowner just shut our lease down because of Val Verde guidelines.
                      Ouch!

Comment

Ranch is 2.5 hours away and just got back last night from turkey hunting. No kills. Seen and heard a few hens but no gobblers. Still a little early for them to be there on our place.

Comment

I am going to chase birds and to get away from virus

Comment

I’ll be heading to the ranch in Winters. To chase some Tom’s and shed hunt.

Comment

I plan on going and I think it's a great way to social distance myself from everyone.

Comment

Working...
                              X