No announcement yet.

Shower Thought... Death Disclosure on Property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am 1/4 cherokee indian and my family history has a lot of death. One of the most famous stories was of a distant relative that was a warrior that went out on raids. He was only 4'9 tall while the rest of the cherokees averaged about 5'11. Thus his nickname was "shortcake".

In 1845, Shortcake was shot and killed by a soldier. His body was recovered and brought back to the tribe. His wife grieved loud and continuously. His brother buried him and the ceremony was completed. The next day, everyone woke up to find Shortcake warming himself by the fire and eating some buffalo meat. Everyone was in shock...but no one spoke to him out of fear and awe. Shortcake's wife was overjoyed and smothered him with hugs and kisses.

A few months later the braves were on a raiding mission in Texas and a homesteader shot Shortcake through the heart. He collapsed on the spot. The rest of the cherokees killed the homesteader and brought Shortcake back. His wife grieved again, so loud that she could be heard for miles. One of his close friends, Swimming Otter, buried him in a nice ceremony (after making 100% sure he was really dead).

The next morning, they went to gather the horses for a hunting expedition and found Shortcake already on his horse with his bow and arrows. His wife ran up, pulled him from the horse, and smothered him with hugs and kisses. Everyone stopped and stared, but finally accepted that Shortcake was still alive and seemed to be his normal self.

While on the hunting trip, Shortcake was leading over to take a moving shot from his horse at a large buffalo. The horse stumbled in a hole, Shortcake fell to the ground, and was trampled by several other buffalo. His fellow braves carried him home and prepared him for burial. The chief advised that maybe Shortcake's wife should bury him since every time a man buried him, he came back to life. Maybe if the wife buried him, he would stay in the land of the dead, where he belonged.

And that is the first time that Amercia ever had a squawbury shortcake.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      I am 1/4 cherokee indian and my family history has a lot of death. One of the most famous stories was of a distant relative that was a warrior that went out on raids. He was only 4'9 tall while the rest of the cherokees averaged about 5'11. Thus his nickname was "shortcake".

In 1845, Shortcake was shot and killed by a soldier. His body was recovered and brought back to the tribe. His wife grieved loud and continuously. His brother buried him and the ceremony was completed. The next day, everyone woke up to find Shortcake warming himself by the fire and eating some buffalo meat. Everyone was in shock...but no one spoke to him out of fear and awe. Shortcake's wife was overjoyed and smothered him with hugs and kisses.

A few months later the braves were on a raiding mission in Texas and a homesteader shot Shortcake through the heart. He collapsed on the spot. The rest of the cherokees killed the homesteader and brought Shortcake back. His wife grieved again, so loud that she could be heard for miles. One of his close friends, Swimming Otter, buried him in a nice ceremony (after making 100% sure he was really dead).

The next morning, they went to gather the horses for a hunting expedition and found Shortcake already on his horse with his bow and arrows. His wife ran up, pulled him from the horse, and smothered him with hugs and kisses. Everyone stopped and stared, but finally accepted that Shortcake was still alive and seemed to be his normal self.

While on the hunting trip, Shortcake was leading over to take a moving shot from his horse at a large buffalo. The horse stumbled in a hole, Shortcake fell to the ground, and was trampled by several other buffalo. His fellow braves carried him home and prepared him for burial. The chief advised that maybe Shortcake's wife should bury him since every time a man buried him, he came back to life. Maybe if the wife buried him, he would stay in the land of the dead, where he belonged.

I read all the way through trying to anticipate the pun. It was still great.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
        I read all the way through trying to anticipate the pun. It was still great.
        Thank you sir. Just trying to do my part to get us through the quarantine.

Comment

years ago went with my flooring installer friend to "help" him tear up and install new carpet in a for sale house. former owner had ate a 12g shotgun!!!! just glad we didn't have to mess with the walls and overhead . it was a mess!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post

I knew it was coming and still read it! Never fails to entertain

Comment

There is no way to tell who died where over time. But in this day. Everything is documented. I do not care either way. As since I have never bought land. I did not know if like a home. IF you knew you had to disclose.

and great story Chew...

Comment

Not my idea, I saw it on the internet, I am going to have to replace a older portion of my deck in my back yard. Back in October when the Halloween stuff was for sale I bought a plastic skeleton that came in bag so you could scatter the bones in your yard. Going to bury them under the new deck. I know I won't be around when the deck has to be replaced again but I would like to see the commotion I caused when whomever finds them.

Comment

Texas only requires disclosure if there was a death on the property not due to natural causes. Also, you only have to disclose what you know. So you aren't required to disclose the indians that died on your property hundreds of years ago. Unless there name was Shortcake.

Comment

Boo...
                    Last edited by Lone_Wolf; 03-30-2020, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Nobody's been murdered in this house.....but this quarantine ain't over yet, is it?

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                        Not my idea, I saw it on the internet, I am going to have to replace a older portion of my deck in my back yard. Back in October when the Halloween stuff was for sale I bought a plastic skeleton that came in bag so you could scatter the bones in your yard. Going to bury them under the new deck. I know I won't be around when the deck has to be replaced again but I would like to see the commotion I caused when whomever finds them.
                        We put some notes in the wall of the house I grew up in. Sure wish I was a fly on the wall when/if they are discovered.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                          Nobody's been murdered in this house.....but this quarantine ain't over yet, is it?
                          You will be missed

Comment

From Google
                            Information that may need to be disclosed includes a death due to violent crime on the property, neighborhood nuisances like noise or odors, hazards, water damage, and home repairs. State laws vary, so be sure to check with a real estate lawyer regarding the requirements where you live.

The easiest way to find out if someone died in a house is to use the website DiedInHouse.com. The website uses data from over 130 million police records, news reports, and death certificates to determine whether or not someone died in a house.

Comment

Thank you Chew!!

Comment

We did home hospice for my dad and he passed in his bedroom. Soon after my mom sold this house and I always wondered if they told the buyers.

Comment

Working...
                                X