2019 show off your leather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been intrigued with leather work recently and couldn’t find an up to date thread so I am making one. Getting into it myself and would like to see some projects y’all have done.

This is my first ever project, knife sheath made out of Herman oak 8-9 ounce for my younger brothers skinning knife. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1245.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	25174330
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1244.jpg
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	25174331

Next up I am attempting a pancake sheath for a trapper style knife with some tooling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The most recent threads were deleted.

Comment

Maybe if it was for people who pay to advertise on here our leather work it wouldn't get chopped....

Comment

I love nice leather work. I contacted a guy on here about making me a nice heavy 2” wide dog collar. He sent me a txt then never heard from him again. If anyone is interested in making it for me, let me know.

Comment

Nice

Comment

The first couple "show off your leather" threads were just that... people showing them off, nothing more. They went on to thousands of replies and had a LOT of useful info in them along with ideas for other leatherworkers. Yes, there were some people that became sponsors during that time and those sponsors would start a new thread advertising their items and kept the original thread just that, to "show it off". I know it had gotten where people that weren't sponsors were advertising to sell or saying "PM me for inquiries" and IMO, that's not right. I paid to be a sponsor at one time to sell my stuff, those looking to sell their items should be a sponsor, that's what the sponsorship is for. But there's nothing wrong with showing off your talent, sponsor or not, as long as it's kept as showing off your talent and not advertising in any way to sell the items. Not much different than a DIY thread or a thread that shows off what you made or built, deer stand, feeder, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
              The first couple "show off your leather" threads were just that... people showing them off, nothing more. They went on to thousands of replies and had a LOT of useful info in them along with ideas for other leatherworkers. Yes, there were some people that became sponsors during that time and those sponsors would start a new thread advertising their items and kept the original thread just that, to "show it off". I know it had gotten where people that weren't sponsors were advertising to sell or saying "PM me for inquiries" and IMO, that's not right. I paid to be a sponsor at one time to sell my stuff, those looking to sell their items should be a sponsor, that's what the sponsorship is for. But there's nothing wrong with showing off your talent, sponsor or not, as long as it's kept as showing off your talent and not advertising in any way to sell the items. Not much different than a DIY thread or a thread that shows off what you made or built, deer stand, feeder, etc...

I read through the last threads and they did all have so much great info and great pieces. Hopefully this thread will stay as a place to show off everyone’s work and won’t get chopped. I really like seeing all the great projects that tbhers come up with.

Also after seeing all the other threads, tubby you are a leather working fool!! You have mad skills with leather. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
                I read through the last threads and they did all have so much great info and great pieces. Hopefully this thread will stay as a place to show off everyone’s work and won’t get chopped. I really like seeing all the great projects that tbhers come up with.

Also after seeing all the other threads, tubby you are a leather working fool!! You have mad skills with leather. Keep up the good work.

I appreciate it although I haven't done much leatherwork in about 4 years. I'm slowly getting back into it.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1252.jpg
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	24576565
                  Here’s a picture I was able to capture with a borrowed high end camera, definitely have some tweaks I want to do for the shape of this sheath on the next one.
                  Who else has pictures of something they have made recently?

Comment

Cool

Comment

Last edited by toastie; 04-17-2019, 02:21 PM.

Comment

I would post some, but don't want to get BANNED!

Comment

Sorry for the bad picture but I just made this one for a Bowie knife. It has a belt loop sewn onto the back of the sheath.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

The old show off your leather threads are still around...

The Original:

And the 2015...

Last edited by austinRecurve; 04-17-2019, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Guess I have some old ones in the Original thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X