No announcement yet.

everything kayak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well my main spot was still running strong so I had to find a new place to fish. Found a nice spot in Georgetown water was cold and fishing was good will b going back.

Caught more but didn't want to get pic heavy. Man it felt good to get back out on the water

Comment

Anyone know where I could rent one in dfw for the day to try it out. I would like to get one but would prefer to spend the day or 1/2 a day on the water in one to try it out first. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by AgTeacher2 View Post
        Anyone know where I could rent one in dfw for the day to try it out. I would like to get one but would prefer to spend the day or 1/2 a day on the water in one to try it out first. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
        What kind are you looking for? I have a Jackson Big Rig and my wife has a Perception Pescador. Don't know where you want to try one out, but I would let you paddle both and see if you are interested.

Comment

I'm looking for a sit on top fishing style. Anything past that I haven't really thought about. Would really like to just get on the water and see if it's something I think I would continue to use

Comment

I'm looking for a sit on top fishing style. Anything past that I haven't really thought about. Would really like to just get on the water and see if it's something I think I would continue to use
            How big a boy are you? That may limit or expand your choices. My number is 817-eight five one-5050 if you want to call/text and we can get something figured out. I am not an expert, but I will help in any way I can.

Comment

5'11" 220, not that big, would love one that I could stand up in but that is not a must. My in laws are in town tonight and we are gonna grab a steak at cattlemans but I will try to touch base with you tomorrow. Thanks for the help

Comment

http://www.kayakinstruct.com out of Rowlett rents kayaks. I've never been there, so I don't know if they are good to go or not.

Comment

What is everyone using to measure their fish? Tape measure? One of those things you lay them in? Anything homemade? Just looking for some ideas tiered of laying it against my leg and making a mental note for later. I was thinking of just notching some marks in the kayak I hate taking stuff with me when I fish so less is better

Comment

Man, how did I miss this thread. Wife and I just bought perception pescadors 2 weeks ago. Haven't done any fishing or any upgrades to them yet. Just enjoying being out on the water.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaycar85 View Post
                      What is everyone using to measure their fish? Tape measure? One of those things you lay them in? Anything homemade? Just looking for some ideas tiered of laying it against my leg and making a mental note for later. I was thinking of just notching some marks in the kayak I hate taking stuff with me when I fish so less is better
                      I ran into this problem on Saturday. Caught a crappie and had no way to measure it. I'm thinking about getting a ruler and mounting it to the side.

Comment

Anyone run off shore to the rigs or BTB (Beyond the Breakers)? Ive been wanting to go but just havent found any time yet.

Comment

My son and I both have measuring tape stickers affixed to the top of one side of the yak so we can lay the fish along it quickly and get a measurement. Have to keep the fish grabber or hand grip on it so you don't lose it overboard. A measuring device to lay the fish in across your lap would be nice, but I have enough junk cluttering my boat. We also have certain rods with measurement marks on them.

Comment

5'11" 220, not that big, would love one that I could stand up in but that is not a must. My in laws are in town tonight and we are gonna grab a steak at cattlemans but I will try to touch base with you tomorrow. Thanks for the help
                            Since standing is a desire, look at something like a Wilderness Systems Ride. My Ride 115 is made for standing. Super stable with flat bottom to stand on. It is slower than a sleeker hulled yak, however, but I haven't had a problem. I don't actually stand in mine but I wanted it for the stability and weight capacity in a yak short enough to easily haul in the truck bed. If you plan to paddle a lot of miles each trip you probably want something longer and sleeker.

Comment

Originally posted by Nado View Post
                              Anyone run off shore to the rigs or BTB (Beyond the Breakers)? Ive been wanting to go but just havent found any time yet.
                              Better have people with you and some gear such and marine radio.
                              Not a good idea for first timer to just go out.Also you need to put your kayak in the surf and try paddling out and re entry a few time without gear and then with gear.

Comment

I have a measuring tape sticker on the back of my rod. I also sometimes carry a "golden rule". Nothing worse than trying to measure a fish on the side of the yak and having it flop loose into the water. I generally don't keep anything that is close to the limit anyway so I seldom measure fish. Mr green jeans loves to write those expensive little slips of paper!

Comment

Working...
                                X