Eliminator spinner plate on a Lamco road feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone changed out the cup in a Lamco road feeder with an Eliminator spinner plate?

If so, any suggestions or modifications that need to be done? Any info would be appreciated.

In for answers

Comment

Great question. In for replies.

Comment

Do you know the diameter of the shaft on the Lamco road feeder? Pretty sure the Eliminator only fits on 1/4" shafts.

Comment

Interested as well, I hate the cup.

Comment

I'd go SpinTech on a road feeder. To much mud and dust for the Eliminator. Word on the street is that All Seasons is going back to Spin Tech on the road feeders. To many problems with the Eliminator.

Comment

I used the pro spinner plate on both mine worked just fine.

Comment

We went to all spintechs on our mexico lease.
                Dirty corn was tough on those,chain links.

Comment

The eliminator will not work on a lance road feeder since the motor is inside the hopper, so the spinner plate would be upside down.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TXhoghunter94 View Post
                    The eliminator will not work on a lance road feeder since the motor is inside the hopper, so the spinner plate would be upside down.

Yep, I tried to rap my head around a mod for it but couldn't come up with anything worth the hassle.

Comment

They do sell a lower until with the eliminator you can attach but that would require welding on additional brackets to attach the until onto the angled hopper.

Comment

Thanks for the replies!

So the spintech does work on the lamco

Comment

Originally posted by longhorn_cop View Post
                          We went to all spintechs on our mexico lease.
                          Dirty corn was tough on those,chain links.
                          So you went to all spintechs on lamco road feeders? Please let me know.

Thanks

Comment

I had TERRIBLE luck with Spin Tech throw plates. They get very loose after awhile and leave gaps between it and the funnel.
                            The main problem I had with them is that the metal ears that stick up to throw the corn, all broke off after time. Weirdest thing I ever saw. We have cages around all the feeders so it wasn't varmints doing it. I would just show up, and another ear would be broken off. Eventually, all three would be gone, resulting in corn piling right under the feeder.
                            I asked the Spin Tech guys and they just blew me off like I was dumb. This happened on 5 different feeders multiple times. I still don't know why it is happening, but it is consistently. I am switching over the Eliminators now.

Comment

So, I’m still not convinced that either the Spintech or the eliminator would be better than the cup of the lamco.

When I first tried the feeder, I put a little bit of corn to try it out on my ranger. It worked fine. I then loaded up the ranger to gas it up and take it to the ranch. When I arrived at the gas station, I noticed there was no more corn in the feeder. Did it just run out or did it blow out in the wind? I still don’t know.

When I arrived at the ranch. I poured a 50 pound bag in the feeder and it worked fine. I drove around the ranch and it seemed like no corn dropped out of the cup.

So, if I move the ranger from one ranch to the other, I guess I just need to make sure there’s no corn in the feeder. But, that’s why I was asking about my options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by SoTxHunter; 12-05-2019, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X