test-NE Texas Doe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

test-NE Texas Doe

I got off yesterday at 1 PM. I had all my stuff loaded to go to Red River County to hunt yesterday afternoon and this morning. Yesterdays hunt saw 2 dogs running deer all over the fields. I did see a BIG cull, one spike on one side and 4 good points on the other. But I got no shot at him.

This morning got up a 5 AM, showered and hit the thicket. I have a feeder deep in the woods that has been pretty good. I got in the stand around 6:30. Only thing there until 8:30 was a coon. Then I saw deer moving thru the woods to the West.The wind are swirling pretty strong. The deer were skidish(sp). Instead on coming in to the feeder, they circled down wind...nose in the air. They slowly walked up to me, with one even looking up at me in my Ambusher. I figured it was over with. The largest doe stopped in some brush. I drawed slowly and raised up just enough to get the arrow over the limbs, I hoped. I released and thrack..The doe runs off with the fletching sticking out, but just barely. I think I hear her crash. I set there a few minutes and try to gather my composure . I get down and follow good blood 40-50 yards and there she was. I still act just like a kid when I find a deer, yelling and such. I laugh at myself sometime..
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Rsatt; 10-16-2006, 05:59 PM. Reason: Test-Micheal, is this right?

Very Nice, Ronnie.

Pretty cool how they list an attachment and don't just display it. Not sure if that is good or bad.
    Jeff Young

Comment

Jeff, I may be doing it wrong

Comment

I wish it would show the pics, not the attachment link.

Comment

Congrats Ronnie, good test thread!

Comment

After your upload the photo, click on the paperclip again and click on the attachment. It will post the photo.
            Lesto!!

Comment

Reclick the paperclip after you upload the photo and click the Manage Attachment.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2275 (Small).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	23815084
              Lesto!!

Comment

Nicely done, Ronster! Hope you are getting some of this rain up that way!

Comment

Great job, Ronnie!

Posting images is where members are going to have the greatest learning curve. I'lll draft up a FAQ for that over the next day or so, but I'll try to explain it here.

Like with discus, there are two steps to posting a photo within your text. You may recall that with discus, you typed the story, added the code (\image{photo}) where you wanted to add a photo, and then browsed/uploaded your images when you were finished.

With vBulletin, you still need to use the code [ATTACH]image#[/ATTACH] and still need to upload your photos, but typically you'll do it in reverse order. First, note the paperclip icon in the message box. When you click on that paperclip icon, you'll open up an Attachment Manager window that will allow you to browse to and upload up to five files at a time. Go ahead and upload the images you want.

As you're typing your story, you can add the "Attach Code" at each place you want to add your photo.

Alternatively, you can click on the Attach dropdown (arrow next to the paperclip) and select "Insert All" (only available for multiple images). By default it will insert it at the location of your cursor, but you can copy and paste the code to wherever in the body of your message you want it to appear.

Clear as mud? You'll get the hang of it!

Comment

Congrats on the doe.

Comment

Casey, got around 3 inches of rain today.

Thanks, Admin. I'll try again. You know if I can do it, anybody can..

I give up. I'll try again tomorrow..MUD is right
                      Attached Files

Comment

congrats on the doe

Comment

Congrats on the meat!

Comment

Congrats on the doe and the stinkelina

Comment

Nice job Ronnie, Congrats!

Comment

Working...