age, score, and advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

age, score, and advice

I'v only seen this deer last year and this year. Whats yall's thoughts on age and score? Also he only shows up at night, usually around 8pm, then several other times during the night. I throw out extra corn (other than what the feeder throws), and have several piles of rice bran out too. If I cut back on all the extra food, do ya think that will make him come in earlier before all the corn gets eating?
    Attached Files

Deer is plenty mature. He could be 7.5 or he could be 10.5, hard to tell. Score wise, I'd say around 135". Keep the groceries out. He will slip up in daytime soon since it has cooled off.

Comment

I'd say 135" and at least 5.5

Comment

Originally posted by tbgascorer View Post
        Deer is plenty mature. He could be 7.5 or he could be 10.5, hard to tell. Score wise, I'd say around 135". Keep the groceries out. He will slip up in daytime soon since it has cooled off.
        agree

Comment

Check out that pot belly and brisket! I say 6.5 minimum but would t be surprised if he was 7.5 this season. He is smart. Corn won’t change a thing. Be in the stand come rut and you will see him. If he is on corn by 8pm then find out where he is coming from. Get closer and seal the deal!

Score

Mass 30
          Spread 14
          MB 20-20
          G1 5-4
          G2 8-9
          G3 8-8
          G4 1-5

132”

Comment

mature
            low 130s
            I doubt him eating there at night is the reason he is not coming there at day.

Comment

Age? old enough for sure
              Score? 130's( width really messing him up)
              If he shows up during legal shooting hours? Take him for sure. Don't think he's gonna get any better.

Comment

131 7.5 . Just keep feeding him are get off on a trail and hand corn they seem to hit the hand corn in shooting light more then they do the feeders.Hard to believe I know but it’s true.

Comment

its on a 5 acre tract so cant move my set up, or try to catch him on a trail somewhere. I'm just gonna have to hope he messes up one evening. Biggest deer I've ever seen out here in the past 20yrs.

Comment

The extra food ain't the problem....he is not sniffing out the deadly V just yet. When a girl gets his attention he will screw up in day light

Comment

5.5 130

Comment

At least 5.5. We are all guessing and one is as good as the other.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                          The extra food ain't the problem....he is not sniffing out the deadly V just yet. When a girl gets his attention he will screw up in day light

That’s what im hoping for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

130ish and super old.

Comment

Just set up my pop up so I can hunt with a south wind
                              Got a tree set up for a north wind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X