No announcement yet.

Any Grayson or Cooke county reports??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw a spike and some does last sit haven't saw any shooters on cam this yr I believe it's all the acorns and heat.

Comment

Checked cams yesterday and in two weeks I have 4 doe pics and 1 decent buck before season I had about 6 real nice bucks. I agree acorns are the food of choice once it cools off and the acorns are gone they will be back they know where the food is!

Comment

Went out Sunday and saw a couple cardinals... camera showed a doe pack (three) came in at 3am, but other than that, nothing!

Comment

Out of my 4 spots, one has some activity but not much movement yet. Lots of browse from the rain and probably bedded up near the food sources. Full moon last weekend didn't help either. Hoping this cold front pushes them up and around a bit more soon.

Comment

Not seeing much activity as far as corn goes. What pics I do get are only a couple at a time. They may stop for a couple bites and move on if they show at all. I get a pic a decent buck about once a week. There's a ton of acorns on the ground and a lot more still on the trees.

Comment

Checked my camera this afternoon and finally had a couple of bucks on it.

Comment

Had this nicw young 10 come through just now. Needs a couple years.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Here's a video I took yesterday of him too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NfQtpDBXTY

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
                  I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Comment

Nice

Comment

Good to see

Thanks for sharing. Great young buck! I'm headed back up Sat morning to check cams. I put out some rice bran and Realtree Breeder protein / sweetfeed mix trying something new. Haven't seen if it brought in anything yet. Going to do what I said and set up a stand along the creek in cover to see if I can catch them moving off the feeder. Will drop some big&J and put a cam up. They should be starting to move with the rain and cooler temps. I'll post after I check the cams. Just small bucks and doe/nubbin on last pics.

Comment

Figured what a beautiful day I would sit from 10 till 2 just to be out. Got off work this morning so couldn't make the morning hunt. Awful quiet here in Cooke

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Comment

Movement has really picked up the last 24hrs.

Comment

I'll be in Grayson this evening. I haven't been yet this year, and no feeder going, but I will be sitting in my food plot. Hopefully something will show.

Comment

Defnitely abandon feeders right now. Weve got about 20 acres of ag field the buck arent even using yet. Just does. Last night I was hunting a pinch point. This time of year the bucks are doing a lot traveling around and finding their zones for the rut. Once the tough frost kills off the natural food for the most part I would resume hunting feeders.

I'll be out in Seymour hunting a few bigger, more patternable, bucks. Any of our first timers hunting Grayson county don't get discouraged. We need the cold to move in and force the mature bucks moving during daylight hours.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by SB09; 10-21-2016, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Nice buck sb09

I'll finally be able to get back out this weekend check some cams and get back in my blind

Comment

Working...
                                X