No announcement yet.

Val Verde County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I drove back home and yesterday at noon. We normally take Pandale rd but came back through DelRio to avoid crossing all of the draws the other direction. There was alot of standing water.
    It was green as a golf course before the 3 solid days and nights of rain. Mature bucks were a no show but lots of deer otherwise. Shot a doe and a pig.
    Good luck if you go. They always move good after the weather breaks.
    I think we may be in store for a great season once the grass browns out.
    Attached Files

Comment

Road getting to our place outside of Concan has been closed all week..

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

The Devils River near the intersection of 163 and 189.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sotol View Post
          The Devils River near the intersection of 163 and 189.

Will that stuff make it in to Amistad?

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
            Yes. Will it fill it up? Who knows.

Comment

Good deal. I don't think it will fill it up. That's a huge lake and it looked to be 20 feet low when I went over the US 90 bridge two weeks ago.

Comment

I was told after the last time the devils and Pecos were flowing so good, that since Mexico controls have the dam they tend to let a lot of water out for down stream irrigation. That and Falcon is really low. Not sure how true it is but made sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well did you go hunt Brian?

I finally picked out your blind from the road. I need to find a tank end like that.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                    Most of that water will end up in Amistad and be helpfull as it is 30 feet below conservancy level. Lake is up 1 foot over the last couple of days...

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
                    I was told after the last time the devils and Pecos were flowing so good, that since Mexico controls have the dam they tend to let a lot of water out for down stream irrigation. That and Falcon is really low. Not sure how true it is but made sense.

With all of this rain and winter right around the corner most of the irrigation will draw down to almost nothing. Obviously, water is still released but not at the summer-irrigation rates.

You fellas be safe and have fun out hunting. you might check on the roads with val verde county sheriff"s office.. There are some road closures posted on driveTexas.org...
                    Last edited by Pedernal; 10-20-2018, 03:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
                      Well did you go hunt Brian?

I finally picked out your blind from the road. I need to find a tank end like that.
                      Yes sir. And it is WET! Almost got stuck twice yesterday.I have never seen it this wet out here. But my target buck and Auodad made a camer apperence last week so hopefully. No one is out here so I may sit all day.

Comment

So far no rain since 4:00 this morning here. Did have to run back to the truck to get a jacket, have a nice cool north breeze. Lots of deer this morning but naturally, my target buck was a no show. Guess he go word. Any time I have had the Auodad on camera its been between 11:00 and 1:30. Just put out some more hand corn and hit test. Of course the corn addicks came running back in. At least I will have a alarm if the ram does come in.

Comment

Good luck out there...

Comment

Val Verde County

I have never seen a herd of deer so hungry for corn. If I get out to hit the test button, it’s a race to see if I can get in my bow blind 20yds away before they get back in the pen. And that’s with knee high grass everywhere! Even in the mornings when I pour hand corn out of a pants leg bag (no noise except the corn hitting the ground) I can hear them when I get settled and open the windows (7-8 mins top)

I’m not complaining. It sure makes for fun all day sits.

Comment

Show yall's target bucks! I need something to look at here at work.
                              I had to get off my lease this year, was hoping to get on with my cousin next year but as of right now I don't think I can

Comment

He’s not the highest scoring one I have but I have quite a few better tens that I want to breed other than him. Plus he’s a absolute bully at the pen. Naturally he has disappeared since the season has opened. Lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X