No announcement yet.

Boyd's stock opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have one yet but I'm going to buy one for a Ruger American. I have read the reviews, I'm not worried about minor fitting.

Comment

I put one on my wife's 243, and i've done about 4 or 5 others. The one on her rifle required a little sanding in the barrel channel to free float, ands a little sanding in the trigger guard inletting. Nothing i couldn't do with sand paper wrapped around a wood dowel. The other Remingtons and Ruger Americans needed no additional fitting.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm about to order the stock. Just want to confirm with yall since I haven't found anything specifying for certain. For my 223 I need the short action, is that correct? Thanks.

Comment

yes a short action

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
            yes a short action
            ^^^^^what he said^^^^^
            Another pic of mine. You will like the Boyds stock and what it does to your gun.
            116 by Tony Pic, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by TXbowman View Post
              Hendo, I haven't seen a heavy thumb hole stock, only the featherweight. Do you know if they still make them?

Sorry been busy for the last week. I believe it is called the featherweight but it added quite a bit of weight compared to a synthetic stock and I’m sure changed where the weight is felt most. I added one to a youth model .308 as well as an updrafts recoil pad for my wife because she was clenching and the stock alone helped tremendously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I put a Savage action in one. Took about 20 mins of work on the barrel channel and it fit perfectly.

Comment

Savage action in a Boyd's Prairie hunter. Barrel channel depending on barrel size may need to be opened. I would suggest minimum pillar bedding, makes a great difference. Here is a link to my build and bedding diy.

This is how my .270 Winchester sits now. If picture shows? https://imgur.com/Uz4dUuJ I have so far upgraded my bolt carrier, replaced ejector, detent and spring, replaced plastic triger guarded with metal and set it in a Boyd's prairie hunter walnut stock. Plans are as following. I am waiting on a x-caliber 25" 416R Stainless Steel, light puma contour, 1:10 Twist 5R Groove w/ 11 degree crown, cryogenic treated. I have new new nut and recoil lug and barrel nut wrench waiting for

picture uploader

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                    ^^^^^what he said^^^^^
                    Another pic of mine. You will like the Boyds stock and what it does to your gun.
                    116 by Tony Pic, on Flickr
                    That is sweet looking.

Comment

Boyd’s Prairie Hunter on a Ruger American Predator .308. Took a little sanding to get it to fit just right.

Comment

Working...
                      X