jeans at a funeral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
    Nice jeans with a white long sleeve shirt should be fine. We buried my brother a few weeks ago and brother in law a couple of years ago and some of the pall bearers wore this. Main thing is show up and show your support for the grieving family.
    Same thing Saturday at my uncles.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      If not I would never go. Don't have a suit.

This^^^^ all I own are jeans I keep a pair startched and ready to go for when I have to dress up and look presentable.

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

some of you guys .... of course the dead isn't going to know, you still have to respect the family there too. Showing up as sloppy as you're allowed tells them that you didn't care enough to make yourself presentable, makes you look like rednecks, but that may be the case? lol

If you have nice clothes, wear 'em ... make an effort, otherwise is just lazy.
        There, I said it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ishi&Elvis View Post
          My grandfather told me when I was growing up that every man should have:
          A white or blue starched shirt in his closet at all times, a tie for a wedding and a tie for a funeral.
          He should own a black or navy blazer, and should always have a pair of starched khakis and a pair of grey slacks in his closet. He said to always dress up, and never dress down for the occasions of weddings and funerals. I follow his advice. He was a wise man.
          yep! No excuses not to.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
            Just got back from my uncles in Oklahoma. No one had a suit on. My grandma made everyone take their hats off. I wore khakis, Wrangler Riattas with my boots. My normal daily office wear.

I can tell you one thing.....I do not want my body embalmed and looked very weird in a casket with a buncha people looking at me and crying and praying to baby jesus. Dear lord people.

You gonna get Bar-B-Q'ed?

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
              some of you guys .... of course the dead isn't going to know, you still have to respect the family there too. Showing up as sloppy as you're allowed tells them that you didn't care enough to make yourself presentable, makes you look like rednecks, but that may be the case? lol

There, I said it.
              I disagree. If they know me they know who I am. If they aren't the kind of folk who don't accept me for who I am I probably shouldn't be there anyway.
              And you typed "rednecks" like that some sort of person beneath you. To me it's something to embrace.

Comment

I have long been a critic of our culture's declining appreciation for 'propriety'. However, as I have aged a bit, I think it is more important to be there to show your sympathies than to stay away because you may not be dressed appropriately.
                I still think you should try to be 'more dressed up' than going hunting or to the grocery store, but . . .

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  You gonna get Bar-B-Q'ed?
                  That's going to be a strange experience for the cook when the meat starts telling him he's doing it wrong.

Comment

I would always be over dressed than under dressed.

Comment

I'm planning on wearing them to mine.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post

There, I said it.

I can get along with that. I'll wear my nicest clothes every time...but I'm not buying a suit simply to say "I'm wearing my suit". Because I think suits look stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I usually wear a suit. Depends on who it is. Most of my rural relatives come in nice jeans, and clean shirts. Some don't own a suit. Several have been buried with jeans or overalls. As far as my funeral, come as you may, please no disrespect.

Comment

Guess I'm white trash along with the vast majority of my family and friends....and Texas. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

Comment

Absolutely. With a button down. The country way

Wore them at my own wedding and wouldn't do it different. I don't ever wear a suit. And if they have a problem, no one has said anything yet

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                I can get along with that. I'll wear my nicest clothes every time...but I'm not buying a suit simply to say "I'm wearing my suit". Because I think suits look stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                I had to wear suits while attending a private school. After I graduated from that place it was so nice to not wear suits anymore. I no longer own a suit of any kind to this day It’s just not my style. If snotty people want to judge me for not wearing a suit, it’s on them, because I simply do not care what other people think. My western wear attire is fine and dandy.

I’ve worked cattle in numerous states on some pretty big spreads. It’s who I am. Ranching is in my blood and not life in a concrete jungle with stuffy people.
                                Last edited by Worksalot; 11-12-2018, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X