Louisiana duck hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Louisiana duck hunt

Looking for an old fashioned duck hunt deep in bayou country with an old lodge on stilts and elevated wooden walkways. Anything like this exist any more? Any recommendations? Thanks for any info.

Honey Brake Lodge

Comment

Henning’s Guide Service offers exclusive, guided goose and duck hunting

Not sure about the lodge, but this guy has been whacking some birds.

Comment

hackberry hilton

Comment

Hackberry rod and gun is on stilts and wooden walkway.They run a hell of an operation.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
            Hackberry rod and gun is on stilts and wooden walkway.They run a hell of an operation.
            Buddy hunted with them this weekend. Shot the only 3 ducks they saw. Guide admitted the pics they've been posting to social media are from previous years.

Comment

^^^ wow...

Comment

Originally posted by toledo View Post
                Buddy hunted with them this weekend. Shot the only 3 ducks they saw. Guide admitted the pics they've been posting to social media are from previous years.
                Wow. Can't say I'm surprised. Hunting has been slow down there from what I've seen. I only saw a few birds fishing the marsh over xmas. Didn't bother trying to hunt.

Big Lake guide service I think does hunts. Jeremy Waltrip is a good dude. He doesn't hunt much any more but I'm sure he would point you in the right direction on who to go with and where to stay. Tell him flex sent you and send him a PM on FB. He also will tell you straight up if he or anybody else is catching or shooting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I went to Phils brothers funeral last Sunday and they were excited about going to Reelfoot to hunt with Ronnie Capps. Worst season they've had in a long time they said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Duck hunting in Louisiana is not what it used to be.

From what I understand where the guy that stood up Honeybrake is about the last place left in Louisiana that constantly sees birds. And eventually that will be a memory, if things continue.

Check out this video - [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84U2sBl-sak"]Flyway Federation info - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post

From what I understand where the guy that stood up Honeybrake is about the last place left in Louisiana that constantly sees birds. And eventually that will be a memory, if things continue.

Check out this video - Flyway Federation info - YouTube
                      Crazy. In less than two decades it's been destroyed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s it, I’m draining my fields and going to write AGFC to drain Ashbaugh, tomorrow!

I watched the video and I can sympathize with the guy, but I don’t agree with him on everything. There probably is quiet a bit more water further north than there used to be, but weather still has the biggest impact. If it’s not locked up, they ain’t coming further south.

I’m hoping this big front locks up the stuff north of me. We’re supposed to get a solid rain that should set us up for the rest of the season.

Comment

My grandfather and father had 200 acres of marsh leased along the Sabine River (right next to Cameron Parish) when I was a kid growing up in the 70s. Later on after they both passed me and my brother took it over and kept it until the early 2000s. In the 70s and early 80s it sounded like a war zone across the river in Cameron Parish. We could always kill ducks no matter the weather, conditions etc...Good ducks too like mallards, pintails widgeon. Used to let the grey ducks and teal go by. We started noticing a decline in the late 80s. By the mid 90s we were lucky to get a few teal or grey ducks and even resorted to shooting spoonies. By the early 2000s it was a 100 degree difference from what it had once been. We could go out there and never fire one time. Even across the river in Cameron Parish we'd only hear a handful of shots. The clincher was one year a single box of shell lasted the entire season and I had over half of the box still left. That was when we decided to hang it up and give up the lease. From what i hear things are still the same out there. Sad.

Comment

There are some good spots that people are keeping quiet about. Basically potholes in timber that are like unicorns. And, remain very tight lipped.

Comment

Anyone remember Catahoula lake?

Comment

Working...
                              X