TV Help for the Technologically Challenged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV Help for the Technologically Challenged

Looking to get a few smart TVs for our new house and I’ll be the first to admit I know absolutely nothing about them. For the last ten years or so we’ve lived outside of where we can get internet service and cell phone hot spots aren’t exactly ideal for streaming.

I’m not looking to go out and buy the top of the line TV, as I really don’t even watch TV that much. I’m more in line for a functioning TV which can easily stream vids and such for my kids and me on occasion. I think I’ll need a couple of 65’s (potentially one being a 75), then a couple of 32’s.

So what are your recs on brand and best (cheapest) places to buy?

Thanks in advance.

I have been happy with samsung

Comment

Sam's club usually had pretty good prices. We run vizio and samsungs, never had a problem with either one.

Comment

Run!!!...... We have them and waaaaay more stuff than I will ever need on TV's.

Comment

We just got a new Samsung TV, bought it at Costco. We have 2 Samsungs, one is “smart” the older one isn’t. The set up and use on the smart tv was simple and I really like having 1 remote for everything. It’s an 8000 series, they don’t all come with this particular remote. TCL makes a decent TV for a great price and their roku based smart features are top notch. Have messed with a few of these that my buddies have, and I like em. We have just had good luck with our Samsung’s and weren’t ready to try something new. For a budget minded choice I don’t think you can go wrong with the TCL. You can’t get a full LED array TCL, for the same price as an edge lit big brand.

Comment

Might want to do a search, there was this very topic not long ago.

Another vote for Samsung 8 Series, and run from anything Vizio when it comes to Smart TV’s.

Comment

Working...
            X