Question about gas cans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about gas cans

Can anyone help me out on this? I see these VP Racing type cans a lot so I figured they must be good with so many people having them, so I bought one and now I am kind of regretting it.

Here is the question: How do you get the content to flow out continuously? It will take me 15-20 minutes to empty 5 gallons. Is it something with the little tube needing to be cut to a certain length or positioned a certain way? I have thought about just putting a vent in it, but don't want to go that route without checking here first.

Did they not come with a vent? Mine did.

Comment

Open the vent cap a little more.

Comment

Yep. Pop the vent open.

Comment

If it has the little tube you can add a vent and vent it that way instead of using that little tube and it'll work better. If you search around on here you'll find some threads where it is discussed. Basically you drill a hole in the can and pull a tire valve stem in it but don't put a valve in it. Cap on for travel, cap off to vent.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond S View Post
            Can anyone help me out on this? I see these VP Racing type cans a lot so I figured they must be good with so many people having them, so I bought one and now I am kind of regretting it.

Here is the question: How do you get the content to flow out continuously? It will take me 15-20 minutes to empty 5 gallons. Is it something with the little tube needing to be cut to a certain length or positioned a certain way? I have thought about just putting a vent in it, but don't want to go that route without checking here first.
            I was unimpressed with those as well. VP sure did a great job in marketing and sales of a plastic bottle. Jerry cans worked better for me

Comment

Not sure how VP is, but might pull vent cap all way off and see if you can open hole up a bit. Some plastic jugs have vent hole too small and have to drill out.

Comment

The newer ones don't have a vent like the old ones.
                Get some of these and problem solved.

Comment

Look into LS brand. Shaped like VP'S but they have a vent and an extra pour handle on the side. Sure makes them easier to handle.

Comment

Open vent cap a little

Comment

I prefer the VP style can because I can never properly use other gas cans as spout system they have are a pain and they keep changing designs.

Comment

When I see those VP cans loaded on trucks, they always look like a PITA to get into position to fill up a fourwheeler or anything for that matter. Once they are up, they look relatively easy.

I still have gas cans with a cap and nozzle on one end, and vent on the other. Pretty sure those are going to get passed down when I die.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                          When I see those VP cans loaded on trucks, they always look like a PITA to get into position to fill up a fourwheeler or anything for that matter. Once they are up, they look relatively easy.

I still have gas cans with a cap and nozzle on one end, and vent on the other. Pretty sure those are going to get passed down when I die.
                          Wife thought I found something of great value by the way I ran across an estate sale. Wasn't impressed with the two gas cans I came back with.

Comment

Getcha one of these and put on any gas can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post

Getcha one of these and put on any gas can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had 5 or 6 or these and every last one leaked as much gas as they got into the machine!

Comment

Working...
                              X