3% Lease Increase per Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M16 View Post
    You’re fortunate that I’m not the landowner. I’d do 10% a year.
    Why's that? Why not just set a price that makes you happy for the duration of the contract?

Comment

Fun ain't free

Comment

I would love to get a long term lease with our landowner in place at a fixed 3% increase. Let's you know the cost and secures your hunting land.

I feel like we play Russian roulette every year on our spot because the land owner can randomly change the lease cost or decide to give it to another group. Makes putting a management plan together tough.

Comment

I would go 2.77745% per annum. . . and not a cent more. :-) Sounds reasonable to me.

Comment

Commercially speaking rent bumps annually are commonplace. The more and more hunting leases are now going to written agreements the more and more they are becoming just like a commercial lease similar to an office building or warehouse. We typically see rent bumps in the 1.5%-3% per year in our warehouses. Its really a good way to know what you are up against vs a surprise double or more increase as others have mentioned. I would push to get a written agreement that states what is to happen and for how long, sounds like your landowner is sophisticated enough to think that way??

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
              Why's that? Why not just set a price that makes you happy for the duration of the contract?
              Supply and demand. When you have a hot commodity maximize your profit. Lots of people looking for a lease.

Comment

That’s $30 per $1000, not much to complain about at all

Comment

I can see a 3% increase for a specific time period like 3-5 years and then be able to negotiate afterwards. I say this because you want this to be a long term lease.

Reasoning is a 3% increase on say a 3000 lease over 5 years takes the lease to $3,477.83 starting year 6. Depending on the lease there is going to be a certain point where the lease just isn't worth it for various reasons.

Just my .02 cents

Comment

If you’re currently paying $3000, in 10 yrs it’ll be approximately $4000. If it’s worth it to you, then roll with it. At a minimum you’d think it’d still equal the same percentage of your income (assuming you get an average of 3% increase in salary a year).

Comment

A couple of things...

He could just play catchup in 5 years for the same dollar amount. I think that would sting more than the 3% per year.

It costs to move off a lease. If you like it, have a good landowner, be happy to secure it with those terms.

We all want annual pay raises of a minimum of 3% per year to cover "cost of living increase" but won't stand for the price of things to go up by the same amount.

Comment

That's common in leasing. We had a 5 yr contract on our Brady lease...the increase was written in the contract. Part.of the deal man.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Ours is 5% and I don’t think twice about it. Just like previously mentioned about the proven lease and supply and demand.

Comment

You should just get off the lease.

Please send the landowner my contact info. I am willing to pay 5%......

Comment

Thanks for all the thoughts and ideas ...its worth 3% for me not to move all my stuff but I have other members to deal with. You just have to put yourself in the land owners shoes sometimes to justify the cost increase.

Comment

Are the deer's horns getting three percent larger every year?

Comment

Working...
                                X