Youth ATV's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youth ATV's

Anyone have experience with the $700-$1000 range youth atv's (for a 6 yr old). I'm assuming they are Chinese and will live a short life? Any brands to avoid? Should I be looking at 90cc or 125cc?

Check Craigslist, I almost bought a 50cc Polaris that was a 2018 model for $1000. Looked and ran like new.

Comment

I would not go the Chinese route. Buy a used name brand so it can be repaired and resold later. Toys need to be reliable for kids.

Comment

Yep go craigslist. Kids out grow them quick, and they get put up for sale after an easy life for not much money.

Comment

No way on the Chinese jobs. I have seen the swing arm welds break on 2 of them...no bueno when that happens.

Comment

but i thought everything was made in china?

Comment

I have my brother in law a Chinese one that s 12 years old. Still runs

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Bought one for my son when he was 6.It was a Christmas present.The guy gave me some line of b.s.about how it was a Honda engine.It leaked gas from the carburetor from the moment I put gas in it.Cut off valve didn't work,etc.Took it back to his little shop twice.Never did fix it.I finally left it there.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Go with the safest. Kids don't think as fast as thing happen (neither do we). Safety. PPE. Etc.

Comment

u can find used smaller, 2wd in that price range I would buy a used on in good condition

Comment

My granddaughter had a 125cc Chinese model for 5yrs. She rode the crap out of that thing with no problems. And yes, that is my back yard.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I have 2 friends that each bought their kids (2) Chinese ATVs, in both cases 1 worked and 1 didn't, no matter what they tried to fix on it.

I would flip a coin, find a used Honda or Yamaha.

Comment

I looked at the chinese models for months leading up to christmas for my daughter (7 going on 8yrs old). I ended up buying her a honda recon in excellent condition for 1600$ off of FB marketplace. I could not justify buying a knock off for 700-800$ that I was certain she would either break or outgrow within a year or two so I decided to spend a bit more money and buy one that I know she will be able to ride for years to come. Just something to think about.

Comment

bought my 5yo one of the polaris ranger 150cc for christmas this year. has lots of room, and he will be able to use it for a while. its big enough i can drive it and im 6'. you can set the speed limit to whatever you want on it. its nice but pricey for a 5yo haha

Comment

Working...
                            X