Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think people in general have gotten soft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. Just smarter. There have always been bums and lazy people. Always will be. But, people are working smarter and playing harder to stay in shape more than ever.

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
      I'm starting to think Worksalot is a bot, just trying to stir it up.

Worksalot, you know Russian?
      Or Jmalin has returned.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
        If you are in any large town or city, just take a moment and look around you while in public. Take a look at the men you see passing by. From my experience, ages 21 to 40, a very high percentage of them will appear to be more feminine than masculine. Look at the way they dress, the way they carry themselves, body language, their build, stance, characteristics. They are very meek and timid. If you are in a restaurant, just take a moment to look around the room.....you will see very few warriors. Very few killers. Very few fighters. Very few that could even dig a ditch with a shovel, stack hay, load feed, build fence. These feminine, weak, limp wristed “hair in my face and eyes” males are the majority now....making men like me the minority, even frowned upon. We need a good long purge to the human population.
        Didn't you buy a CAT 299D2 XHP with the Forestry/Land management package and a CAT HM415 high flow mulcher head for clearing brush? I mean- 'back in my day', a true manly fighter man would be able to clear acreage with nothing more than a push mower, an axe, and a rake. And now, we have all these Nancy neck-beards using over-powered equipment for the job... oh the humanity. We definitely need to purge all these metrosexuals who do nothing but play Construction Barbie, making sure they look like a construction worker with all of their color-coordinated clothes and gear, instead of breaking their backs over long days, short nights, and a belly full of beans.

I guess those land owners who pay you need to be purged too, because they can't (or won't?) clear their own brush, and are therefore below your standards of being a 'killer fighter man'. Oh wait- that only applies to men who won't dig a ditch with a shovel, stack hay, load feed, or build a fence. Got it.

Seriously though, this is how stupid some of these posts in this thread sound. Newsflash- NO ONE wants to live 'like it was back in 1900' or 'back in your day'. If you do, more power to ya- you do you, Boomer. And where is that dude who only uses a shovel to dig a ditch? I want to meet him- because honestly, I didn't think anyone could be that stupid. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
          Didn't you buy a CAT 299D2 XHP with the Forestry/Land management package and a CAT HM415 high flow mulcher head for clearing brush? I mean- 'back in my day', a true manly fighter man would be able to clear acreage with nothing more than a push mower, an axe, and a rake. And now, we have all these Nancy neck-beards using over-powered equipment for the job... oh the humanity. We definitely need to purge all these metrosexuals who do nothing but play Construction Barbie, making sure they look like a construction worker with all of their color-coordinated clothes and gear, instead of breaking their backs over long days, short nights, and a belly full of beans.

I guess those land owners who pay you need to be purged too, because they can't (or won't?) clear their own brush, and are therefore below your standards of being a 'killer fighter man'. Oh wait- that only applies to men who won't dig a ditch with a shovel, stack hay, load feed, or build a fence. Got it.

Seriously though, this is how stupid some of these posts in this thread sound. Newsflash- NO ONE wants to live 'like it was back in 1900' or 'back in your day'. If you do, more power to ya- you do you, Boomer. And where is that dude who only uses a shovel to dig a ditch? I want to meet him- because honestly, I didn't think anyone could be that stupid. lol.
          That gave me a good laugh Roy....seriously. I must have struck a nerve with you. Tuck your feelers back in fragile one and go on about your day.

Comment

Back in the day, we dug ditches with a spoon!

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
              Back in the day, we dug ditches with a spoon!

We use Cat Excavators.[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                We use Cat Excavators.[emoji6]

Sissy!

Comment

You know what else. I see a lot less people in my age group compared to my granddads and dads with missing fingers from working smarter and caring about safety.

If you talk to someone in a manual labor industry they’ll tell you kids still work just as hard overall (always been lazy people everywhere) but laws are different for the better and limit the way you can do jobs.

Also if it’s truly gone downhill the “back in my day” guys should blame their own generations for letting it happen haha

Comment

My son isn’t as tough as I am, I’m not as tough as my Dad and he’s not as tough as my Grandpa was. So, yes we’re getting softer and smarter.

Comment

Embarrassingly soft and wimpy.
                      Especially the men!

Thank god for rural Texas

Comment

Soft yes look at all the sissys that whine when you gut shoot a nasty azz pig!

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                          Thank god for rural Texas

Yes!!! Where would we be without Meth and Dairy Queen.[emoji6][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Ok Boomer.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                              That gave me a good laugh Roy....seriously. I must have struck a nerve with you. Tuck your feelers back in fragile one and go on about your day.
                              No nerve struck- all in good fun, trust me. Your post was just an example of the many others on here that all say the same thing- 'back in my day...' Sorry gramps- no one wants to live that way anymore. I can only imagine what people will say about us 100 years from now.

Comment

Working...
                              X