grizzly stik TDT arrow by victory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grizzly stik TDT arrow by victory

well I bought a couple of 240 spine arrows to test. I also have some 320 spine coming.

first look they are very good looking arrows.

they are a .204 ID shaft. they are a tapered shaft. the taper is on the OD of shaft and according to web page its a 13% taper.

my first arrow I tested with a 600gr. tip. that arrow I had from insert to pocket of nock was 28.25 with lighted nock it was at 995gr bare shaft. fps from my bow at 70 lb and 26.5 draw was around the 190fps. yes I know its heavy and slow. foc was around 36%. I had it shooting bareshaft with a 600 gr bishop broadhead at 25 yards. yes I said bareshaft with a broadhead.

the second arrow I built is with a 300 gr tip. this arrow was around the 724 gr mark. this arrow is 31 inches insert to pocket of nock. this arrow with standard nock is 27% foc. at this point I made a mistake and cut to much off shaft. so I went from a high tear to a low tear. so this shaft will be now another shaft for the 600 gr. tip.

the shafts being built the way they are means the static spine will very. im seeing an average of .008 difference from center of shaft moving weight 1.5 inches forward and aft of center of shaft. what does this do for a person. it allows you to change the spine of the shaft a bit depending which end you cut from.

this also lets the shaft recover faster. when shooting a shaft that has the correct reaction the shaft will flex on shot between the center of mass and the nock end. the main part of flex is closer to the nock. as we add tip weight this flex moves forward. this is why we get a weaker reaction as you add tip weight. arrow 101. but with this shaft as the flex try's to move forward the static spine is stiffer so it keeps the flex point closer to the nock end. benefit is it allows more weight to be added to this shaft over a standard shaft.

so far ive been very pleased with this shaft and the reactions of it.
    Attached Files

there is a data being incorrect. full length of shaft was 31.0625. I just noticed the typo

Comment

I have a couple of dozen of these and I used them in New Zealand with great results.

Comment

Working...
      X