Learn me about Nitro boats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are they really as bad as everyone says they are? I’ve looked at a new Z19 and Z20 and I’m not seeing the extra money in the other boats? I’m not a tournament fisherman but my son is eat up with fishing and looking to get into a new/new to me boat. It blows me away how expensive they are now and 1 or 2 yr old boats are so high I don’t know if it’s worth the savings to not know what you are buying used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just bought a new Z18 and I had a Ranger before that. This Nitro is awesome. I went with the 175 and it screams across the water like a wild animal. Don’t hesitate, they sell so fast it’s crazy.

Comment

Been wondering this myself.

Comment

I had a 2011, no big issues. Had to tighten a few screws every so often, but nothing to cry about. The gelcoat was not the best, as you could feel transition between colors under the clear. Trailer was garbage. I had a custom aluminum trailer built and sold the original while it still appeared nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Jdavis9753 View Post
          I just bought a new Z18 and I had a Ranger before that. This Nitro is awesome. I went with the 175 and it screams across the water like a wild animal. Don’t hesitate, they sell so fast it’s crazy.

Which motor do you have? The ProXS?

Comment

I was not a fan with the little experience I had in one. The boat I fished in just didn't appear to be put together well at all. It wasn't an old boat by any means. 3 years old at the time I believe. There was carpet coming up, broke latches, and he was already having issues with the livewell working right. Boat was kept under a car port, so it wasn't like he just left it out in the weather. But I'm sure every boat company has a bad apple!

Comment

They've come a long ways but the craftsmanship is not very good on them and they don't hold up over time very well. It's pretty much the bottom end of all the big names.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
                They've come a long ways but the craftsmanship is not very good on them and they don't hold up over time very well. It's pretty much the bottom end of all the big names.
                Are the others $10-12K better? I can tighten screws and glue carpet down for a lot less than that? I'm more worried about structural stuff. I can fix bilge pump stuff, I don't feel like pulling the top off a bass boat though.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                  Which motor do you have? The ProXS?

Yes

Comment

Comment

How are you with fiberglass work?

Comment

I will agree the trailer is cheap.

Comment

I am not one to bash any of the boat companies bc i would first and foremost just be glad to have a boat BUT, that said, i gladly own a Skeeter. I have been in a lot of different brands and hands down Skeeter & Ranger are my favorites with Legend being right there to. A lot of the difference is going to be out on the water, the ride and motor. Some of the lesser brands definitely ride a lot rougher in choppy water and you can just feel the difference. I've also noticed the interiors and just the way the Skeeters are built they feel a lot more durable in my opinion. I also prefer the Yamaha outboard so that was a plus as well. Do some research on the resale values and that will tell you a lot! But again, ANY boat is better than NO boat.
                          Last edited by Fmjag64; 06-28-2018, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                            I am not one to bash any of the boat companies bc i would first and foremost just be glad to have a boat BUT, that said, i gladly own a Skeeter. I have been in a lot of different brands and hands down Skeeter & Ranger are my favorites with Legend being right there to. A lot of the difference is going to be out on the water, the ride and motor. Some of the lesser brands definitely ride a lot rougher in choppy water and you can just feel the difference. I've also noticed the interiors and just the way the Skeeter are built they feel a lot more durable in my opinion. I also prefer the Yamaha outboard so that was a plus as well. Do some research on the resale values and that will tell you a lot as well. But again, ANY boat is better than NO boat.

No the Skeeter is awesome I agree!
                            My top choice if I would have had the extra $10k it’s worth it!

Comment

Yea i mean honestly, i would rather have a 5-8 year old used Skeeter than a newer Nitro but that's just me. A lot though bc the Yamaha motor, I like the Owners perks, Made in Kilgore TX and annual Skeeter Owners Tournament.
                              Last edited by Fmjag64; 06-28-2018, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X